Book 1: A Girl in Another World - Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

I bet it was both. After all, some of the route was very rough, trekking through an unclear path in the woods. Furthermore, the horses, both ours and Aldric's, had been healed of any fatigue and injuries from me daily. Not to mention I had analyzed and given Aldric's stallions supplementary pills, too. I bet that boosted their health, strength, and stamina even further. So, yes, our horses were the A-team.

As I got closer to the waterfall, the sound of the water gushing was louder. I rounded a bush and saw Aldric. He was nude and half-submerged in the pool while cleaning himself using the bodywash I had created for him.

Aldric, as well as Vincent and Theo, had now started cleaning themselves routinely like us Fairchilds. They seemed to enjoy brushing their teeth, too, and Vincent had said his mouth had never felt so clean and fresh before now.

Smiling, I went to sit on a boulder and made myself comfortable, taking the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful view of my husband naked. Or half-naked since, unfortunately, the lower portion was submerged under water.

Goodness, but he was a hunk, with a body so damn shredded, I simply wanted to gently run my fingertips across those bulging muscles. Suddenly, I felt heat coursing through me, and I wondered when we'd get to our honeymoon scene.

We had kissed now and again, and when we rode the stallion together, he'd cuddled me and at times buried his face against my hair or the nape of my neck and even kissed me there, but that was it as far as intimacy went.

Then again, I suppose it was impossible to be intimate when you were traveling with other people around, not to mention the danger, too. I guess us going any further than a sweet kiss would have to wait until we got to Norsewood.

Aldric ran his fingers through his wet blond mane, and as he did so, those ripped muscles of his moved along with that sexy action.

I was drooling now and thought, my husband is one gorgeous hunk. When he moved and turned to the other side, his arms still up in his hair, I thought I might get to see his toned lower back and even get teased by a peek of his butt cheeks, but I was sorely disappointed.

No, it was not disappointment that I felt. It was a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw something I didn't expect to see.

My smile vanished and my blood ran cold as I eyed an ugly, large, dark wound on Aldric's side. I was so shocked at the sight that I scrambled to my feet and hurried toward him.

Oh, God! When did he get that? Why didn't he tell me about it?

"Aldric!" I called out, my voice shaking.

Aldric lifted his head and his eyes dark, he said, "Quinn. What's wrong?"

I worked on calming myself down. Obviously, the wound didn't seem to affect him. He didn't seem to be in any sort of pain or having a fever with infection, so perhaps he was all right.

I didn't want to alarm him with my concern, so I licked my lips and said, "Are you done? I'm hungry."

He seemed to relax then and nodded. As he walked toward me, he said, "Can you pass me the towel."

I turned, and seeing the towel, along with his clothing on the ground, I picked it up and tossed it over to him. He easily caught it and then wrapped it around his waist.

"Give me a moment to get dressed."

"Okay," I said and turned on my heel.

On my way, I nibbled on my lower lip, worrying about his wound and how I should tackle it. Obviously, I was not going to let it fester and cause undue discomfort to my husband when I had the means to deal with it and heal him.