Chapter 7: The Need for Sleep

Start from the beginning

Jennie stepped in and gave Lisa a quick kiss. "You want to..."

"Nini, we have lots to talk about but I'm really tired, I got less than 3 hours of sleep last night. Your mom said you're presence will help me sleep. I've been trying to sleep ever since your mom left and I can't. So get in my bed." Lisa said wearily.

Jennie grinned as she leaped up the stairs. "You don't have to tell me twice."

Lisa made it up the stairs and into her room. Jennie was already in bed, her clothes scattered on the floor. Lisa had been tired all day. What energy she did have was spent by the time Jennie's mom had left. She had gone back to bed and tried to sleep but it didn't come.

Lisa was actually very happy to have Jennie show up, but she was also very tired. Upon seeing the brunette, Lisa's only thought was to get her in bed so sleep would come.

Lisa gave Jennie a tired look as she pulled off her shirt and crawled into bed. Immediately Jennie, who had stripped down to her panties, pulled Lisa into her embrace. As Jennie's arms wrapped around her, Lisa instantly felt a release, like pressure somewhere in body had dissipated.

"How does this work?" Lisa muttered as she leaned her head into the crook of Jennie's neck.

"Well, sometimes in bonding your body gets a bid ahead of itself. It causes a bit of an imbalance, resulting in insomnia. Right now your body is craving for my touch very badly. It's not about sex, it's about physical contact. Once that need gets satisfied, you can sleep again. It will pass in 2-4 days."

"It does feel good. Rub my back please." Lisa said softly as she closed her eyes.

"Sure baby." Jennie purred.

"Are you sure this is going to wor..." Lisa had started to say before she fell asleep in mid-word. A moment later, the silence in the room was broken by the sound of Lisa's light snoring.

Jennie moaned happily as Lisa fell deeper into sleep, while held in her arms. It thrilled her to no end that Lisa was part werewolf and that Lisa could actually bond with her. It would bring them ever closer and heighten their lovemaking. But for now, she knew her mate needed to sleep. She had been taught that insomnia happened about 20 percent of the time. It resulted from a subconscious need for one's mate's presence. Without her being there, Lisa would sleep at most 1-2 hours a night. In some cases, the person will lose the ability to sleep entirely without their mate's presence. It would pass in a few days, as it always did.

Jennie knew she needed to help Lisa through it. She would have to be with Lisa for the next several nights. Jennie smiled at the thought. There would be lots of time to bond, lots of time to be together and of course make love with her chosen mate.

As Jennie began to gently stroke Lisa's back, she began to speak softly to the sleeping Lisa.

"You've made me so happy Lili. You want to be with me, you want to bond and mate with me. I know it all sounds funny but..." Jennie paused for a moment. "All that really matters is that I love you Lili and I know you're falling for me too. My mom says I'll be one ofthe strongest. I'll use ever ounce of that strength to protect you and keep you safe. In return, you'll guard my heart which I'll give to you."

Jennie then kissed her on top of the head. Lisa briefly stirred and pulled in tighter. Though not very tired, Jennie closed her eyes and suddenly drifted off herself.

When Lisa woke up, she had no idea how long she slept. Her thick curtains blocked out any light, so she had no idea if it was still day or night. She was safe in Jennie's arms and there was no other place she wanted to be. As she stirred, Jennie eventually woke up.