chapter nine | more than friends

Start from the beginning

"I was hoping you would say that." I say before getting off of him and taking his hand. We make our way out of the water and back to our towels.

Austin carves our initials into the sand and takes a picture with his phone before making me pose with it while he snaps another photo.

"You're seriously the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." He says as I watch him make the picture of me his new home screen.

"Thank you." I smile as I lay back onto my towel, my arm covering my eyes, as I take in the warm sun.

I don't know how long I fell asleep for, I just know my body feels like it's overheating. I wake up to see Austin next to me reading Jungle by Yossi Ghinsberg.

"I got a picture of you drooling." Austin says not taking his eyes off of his book.

"You're an ass." I laugh.

He lays a hand on my leg, "Let's get going back home."

*

We made it home after our short ride from the beach.

"Did you know, your shower is a lot bigger than mine?" Austin asks.

"Oh really. I must be special." I say acting dumb.

"I could join you if you want."

"Maybe next time, Butler." I wink at him before closing my bedroom door.

I make it out of the shower and throw on a tank top and sweats.

I make my way over to the kitchen and rummage through the refrigerator. I pull out salmon, broccolini, lemons and cilantro.

I begin cooking a white rice on the stove before patting my salmons dry. After lining a pan with parchment paper I lay the broccolini down with a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a squeeze of a lemon. I toss that together before seasoning my salmon and laying them on the same pan. I cut thin slices of lemon to place on top of the salmon while it all bakes.

After adding my cilantro to the rice and pulling out the now cooked salmon, I make two plates for Austin and I and set them at the dining table with two glasses of Pinot Grigio.

"This smells amazing Alina." He says before taking a bite.

We finish eating and end our night by watching some reality tv show about housewives until we both fall asleep on the couch.

******

I wake up the next morning in my bed. I don't know how I got here but whatever. I shuffle through the empty house to a note on the kitchen counter.

I make my way back to my bedroom and throw on a comfortable, flowy, yellow mini dress

I make my way back to my bedroom and throw on a comfortable, flowy, yellow mini dress. I apply under eye concealer, powder, blush, and I brush a black mascara through my eyelashes. I added my gold jewelry and colorful rings to my fingers.