Chapter 25

Lust is like fire.

It eats you, swallows you, and drowns you.

It burns your skin, falling down your legs and arms like beads of rich honey. It's just as warm and sticky and just as impossible to get rid of, no matter how far you are willing to risk everything. No matter how much it stretches your self-restraint and scorches your heart.

Many say it's a temptation presented by evil, a sin that tries to lure you with deceitful comfort and devotion. Although, I would say it is the exact opposite; had I been tricked by its illusion or not.

It doesn't exclude love or affection, nor is it as cliché as a drug.

It's what makes us all human, a basic need that is supposed to be filled or it turns you feral.

"Are you okay?"

I raised my chocolate eyes to the vampire's face, the red ones already glued on me. My finger stroked his cheek, concern taking over my soft features as I realized how hot his skin was. He shouldn't be out of bed yet, but he had insisted he was feeling fine enough.

"Of course," Lynx murmured back, his voice like a steamy hot cup of coffee, just as murky and dark. I watched as his maroon swirls flicked down to my lips for a second, my stomach filled with butterflies from the hunger they radiated.

I tried to gather a brief smile on my face as he pecked the tip of my nose, the man's frame then slowly pulling away, "Do you want anything, I'm going to get us something to drink– water, soda, beer?"

Lynx started to list with a growing smirk, my hand slithering its way to his collar; stopping him from getting any further away towards the table on the other side of the ballroom. It was filled to its brink with different kinds of warm foods and desserts, steam climbing to the ceiling from them.

"I'll take whatever you will, as l-long as you bring me something with chocolate," I bit my lower lip, shyly tugging his frame back against me. A faint blush rose to my skin as the vampire chuckled at my pure antics, his strong hand grabbing me by my waist.

He squeezed with enough power to make me squirm, my anxious legs that had a minute ago tapped the floor now inching closer to his, "Something stronger then, hmm?"

Lynx inquired with his husky voice, forcing cold shivers to travel throughout me. I wasn't a fan of alcohol altogether, but I wouldn't mind trying. I was more of a wine type of guy, and that was only on singular occasions, "Not much, I-I don't drink."

I whispered, taking a gentle hold from his shoulder. Lynx smiled in response, giving me a slightly longer kiss on the lips. A low sigh escaped my throat, all of my muscles relaxing from his touch. And I think the other noticed it as well, as he continued to reassure me, "Don't worry, Darling. It'll be alright, and they can think whatever they want; I don't mind."

He switched the topic, instantly making my chest fill with apprehension. I shook my head at him, trying to pull away. But his grip held me tightly against him, not leaving me a chance to avoid the topic, "I mean it, Celian."

He said, emphasizing his words by narrowing his eyes; though only succeeding to frustrate me.

Ezekiel and Leonel both had been brought here by me, and this was a whole new place and culture for them. The books and "science" had told us werewolves disgusting things about vampires, and they were all a lie. So I understood they weren't fond of our relationship, and anyone from The Kingdoms would agree.

But what I wouldn't withstand would be insults or anything that kind of directed at my mate. I was also scared that any kind of reasoning wouldn't work with Ezekiel– he could cut me out of his life if he wanted.