Chapter 7: "Step Into the Light"

A few hours passed since the battle in the mall. Minds were clear and their bodies felt relaxed. Right now, the Daniels were in the carnival area outside the mall building. Among this place was a stage. This was where the concert was held.

The Daniels were led to the backstage with the keyboard and the drum set being carried by the employees. Ray was holding his own guitar because it's portable.

The Daniels did their final practices on the song. It took them three times before they finally got some rest. At around 6:25pm, they did their last practice before performing it live on the concert.

As soon as the song was finished, the announcer called the D-Tribe onstage. The D-Tribe walked their way onstage with the keyboard and drum set being carried by their employees. You could hear the crowd going wild for them as they walked onstage.

After the stage was being set up, Ray slightly leaned his body and his mouth was close to the microphone, his lips almost touching it.

"Hi, everybody! How are you doing?" he asked waving his hand.

Loud and crazy cheers were heard from the audience. Ray let out a normal chuckle.

"Well, I hope you're having a good time here and I hope you'll be able to stay in the light of God because this song will help you do so. The title of the song is called 'Step Into the Light.'"

Another cheer was heard as Ray leaned back to his proper standing position.

"I love you, Rhea!" a familiar female voice joined in.

The Daniels turned to see someone — or a group of friends. They're no other than their friends and among them was Celia.

"Whoo!" she said, jumping up high for joy. They could see her telling a person next to her, then she gestured to Rhea. "That's my best friend!"

Rhea laughed at an act. Oh, Celia. She must remember that there's no time to get freely sidetracked. Then, a soft strum from the guitar started, then the keys were applied for about five seconds before Diona's amazingly melodic singing voice was set free.

Have you ever been lost in the dark

And you'll never find a way out?

Have you ever been stuck in the shadows

When you tried to find daylight?

Rhythmic, quarter-note-like beats from the drums were heard as Rhea sang her part in the song.

If so, don't be afraid of the darkest presence

There's always a way to break yourself free

The music was increased to the moderate, eye-catching level as Rhea and Diona sang the chorus.

Step into the light

Don't be afraid to show your true potential

You don't have to impress, just do your thing

And everyone will be amazed

Step into the light

Don't be afraid to show your purpose

You don't have to be shy

Just do your thing and everyone will be amazed!

Just step into the light!

The music was decreased in a level between the moderate level and the intro level. At that moment, the drums were absent and it was Ray's turn to sing.

Have you ever been bullied by an evil spirit