Chapter 6

Parker POV:

"Alright everybody, lunch time!" Ms. Golden, my teacher announced. She light brown skin and short hair like mine, but brown and less messy. I bet her dad didn't cut it for her. I giggled to myself as I got into line.

"What's so funny, dog breath?" I had learned the girl's name was Suzy.

"Nothing really." I said calmly, trying not to provoke her.

Sal POV:

A couple weeks after Ash came to visit I was watching TV with Larry when I got a phone call.

"I'll be right back." I said to Larry who just nodded and went back to staring at the screen. "Hello?" I say into my phone.

"Hey Sally Face. What's up?"

"Oh hey Travis. Nothing much, you?"

"Nothing really. Just bored I guess."

"Same here. Wanna hang out? We can hang out at my house this time."

"Sure. I'll be over in a few. Just text me the address."

"Okay! See you in a bit." I hung up and text Travis the address. I waited on my bed looking at my phone when about 15 minutes later there's a knock at the door and I jumped up to get it but realize that Larry's already beat me to the door. Uh oh.

"What're you doing here?" Larry clenches his fists.

"Sal invited me." Travis said calmly, which only made Larry more mad.

"Oh really? SALLY!" Larry yelled.

"Yeah?" I say from behind him.

"Uh, can you tell me why the fuck Travis is here?" Larry said.

"I invited him." I said.

"W- but- I- seriously?" He stuttered.

"Yeah. It's not like he's gonna bother you or anything anyway."

"Hmph!" Larry stormed into his room and slammed the door.

"Heh. Sorry about that." Travis smiles nervously and scratches the back of his neck.

"It's alright. I'll show you my room, c'mon." I grab his hand and pull him towards my room.

"I like the posters, and that mask display is awesome." Travis stared at my walls in awe.

"Thanks." I sit on the floor with my back against the floor. Once he's done admiring my room, Travis sits against the wall opposite of me.

"So how was your day? I mean, after we saw each other this morning." Travis said.

"It was good. Ashley came to see me and she drew me this." I pointed to the picture Ash made of me looking out the window.

"That's really good. Heh, I remember the time she threatened to kill me in high school just because I didn't like pizza." He laughed to himself.

"But dude, why did you even like the bologna? It wasn't even that good." I asked remembering that we had discovered that the bologna was actually, well, you know what.

"I knew it was bad, I just..." he sighed. "It reminded me of my mom."

"What do you mean?"

"My mom used to make me bologna sandwiches because they were our favorite lunch to eat together. But one day, my dad hit me like he usually did if I didn't do something right or whatever and she tried to stop him. He got angry and beat her to death." Travis pulled his knees to his chest and started to tear up. I moved over to him and sat by his side.

"Oh I'm sorry that happened and I'm sorry that we made fun of you for liking bologna, just it was made of... never mind." I shook the thought of the bologna out of my head and wiped his tears away with my thumb.

"Thanks Sally Face." He smiled. God, he's so handsome. I gave him a hug and stood up. I grabbed his hand, dragged him into the living room, and put on the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movies. I ran back to my room and gathered all the blankets I could find and even went in Larry's room where he was smoking a blunt by the window and sketching something and took a blanket off his bed. I ran back into the living room and jumped on the couch next to Travis, throwing the blankets on top of us.

"This one smells like weed." He picked up the blanket I stole from Larry.

"Whatever." I took it from him and threw it to the other side of the couch. As we watched the movie, I began to get tired. Without thinking, I took off my prosthetic and lay me head on Travis' shoulder and fell asleep.

Travis POV:

Sal had put something on the table but I was too interested with the movie to see what it was. He lay his head on my shoulder and a few seconds later, he was lightly snoring. I finally my eyes away from the screen for a minute to see what Sal had put on the coffee table. I looked at it in confusion trying to figure o what it was when I realized... it was his mask!

I gasped quietly and turned to look at the sleeping Sal that lay on my shoulder. The whole right side of his face was littered with red and white scars large and small that seemed to trail onto the other side of his face. He had a pretty deep scar that went right through his right eye and another that pulled back the right corner of his mouth, therefore exposing the back right side of his teeth. He looked weird but at the same time he looked... hot. I began to feel tired too and lay my head on his and dozed off.

Larry POV:

I walked out of my room to grab a can of soda from the fridge and see Sal and Travis sitting on the couch together while one of the Fantastic Beasts movies was playing on the TV. I go over to the couch and check if they are awake. They are snuggled close together and Sal is asleep with his head on Travis' shoulder and Travis' on top of his. For a moment I think that they actually look cute together and might secretly be a thing.

I was about to walk away when I realized Sally's prosthetic on the coffee table. I walked away in shock and go back to my room.

Does Sal actually trust Travis enough already to show him his face? I didn't get to see his face until like a year after we became friends. And that was literally an accident since it fell off while we were headbanging to the new Sanity's Fall CD. I placed my can of Coca Cola on my nightstand.

I curled up into bed with my blanket and tried to fall asleep, but it felt like something was missing. I look around the dark room and soon realize what was missing: my other blanket. Sal must have taken it before when he ran in without saying anything and just left. I pulled off the covers and made my way to the living room where Sal and Travis still lay. I found the blanket on the floor by the couch. I brought it back to bed and fell asleep.

Neil POV:

I got home late, around 9:30 pm and find Sal and a guy with blonde hair passed out on the couch and Fantastic Beasts playing on the TV. The guy with the blonde hair must be Sal's boyfriend that he probably didn't want to tell us about or something. They seem really cute together. I thought to myself as I make my way upstairs to Todd and I's room. I put my stuff by the dresser and curl up into bed next to Todd, who was already asleep.