Chapter 5

I got home and Larry and Todd almost immediately started asking questions.

"Why were you home so late?"

"What did you guys do?"

"Was Travis the same as he was before?"

"Did he say anything rude to you?"

"If he did, I'll kill him."

"I'll help."

"Guys, STOP IT!" I yelled. They looked surprised and stepped back. Todd whispered something to Larry and They broke out in laughter. I stormed back to my room and slammed the door.

Larry POV:

Sal yelled at us.

"Ooh, someone's got a crush." Todd whispered to me. We laughed so hard we almost fell on the floor. Sal stormed off to his room and slammed the door.

"I think he's mad." I chuckled.

Sal POV:

It was Saturday, so I put on some pajamas and jumped on my bed. I just scrolled through tiktok a bit and played some music. *Ring ring* Someone was ringing the doorbell. Ash! I totally forgot she was coming today! I quickly ran to the door and hugged her immediately.

Ash POV:

Sal lets me in. I look him up and down. He was in the green dinosaur onesie Larry got him for Christmas that was obviously too big for him. I gave him a confused look. He realized and we both burst into laughter.

"Heh, so uh... hey! I haven't seen you in forever." He said.

"I know right? It feels like it's been years since we last saw each other." I giggled. Soon enough, Larry, Todd, and Todd's boyfriend Neil were downstairs greeting me and hugging me."Hey, I haven't seen you in like... forever, dude." Larry said pulling me into a tight hug."Hello, Ash!" Todd smiled slightly.

"You can sit down if you'd like." Sal sat down at a table and pointed to a chair next to him. I sat down and put my bag with my sketchbook underneath the chair.

"Would you like a cup of coffee? It's fresh." Neil asked.

"Of course! Can't turn down coffee." I said grabbing the cup of hot steaming coffee from Neil.

"So, how is everything?" Sal asked.

"It's pretty good, I'm going off to that art school I was telling you about in a couple weeks." I took a sip of coffee. Sal, Larry, Todd, Neil, and I talked until Todd and Neil had to go to work and Larry went to go visit Lisa and Henry at Addison Apartments.

"Ooh! I put up new posters. Wanna see?" Sal asked. I got up and grabbed my bag.

"Yes! Wait, can I have the rest of this coffee, or are you gonna have it?" I asked.

"Nah you can have it. I don't really like coffee." He said."Kay thanks!" I poured the rest of the coffee into my cup and caught up with Sal. He showed me a couple new Sanity's Fall posters he put up the other day and the new bed he got for Gizmo. I lied down on the floor and Sal sat down in front of me. "You know you don't have to wear your prosthetic, right?"

"Yeah, sorry. I forgot you've already seen my face." He chuckled. He slowly unclipped his prosthetic and took it off, placing it on the floor carefully next to him. The window had been open and the slight breeze blew through Sal's long blue hair as the sunlight seemed to dance on his scars. He looked absolutely magnificent. I jumped up and ran to get my bag with my sketchbook. I ran back to the room, threw my sketchbook out of the bag and began to sketch.