[ 5 ] At The Ready

Comincia dall'inizio

"The resistance huh?" You nodded, it made sense. "Where do you think he'll be?"

"Running around like the nuisance he is. However, I know a surefire way to get him to come around." Wolf pulled out a toothpick and began to gnaw on it, like a dog to a bone.

"Oh yeah?" You knew Wolf's plans were devious, heinous even. But for now, they never crossed your little line. They were- fun. >:)

"First, taking over a refugee camp will definitely spring up some heroes. And once they show up, we'll take them hostage too."

"Fear is a way, sure." You looked at yourself, pride of Wolf's army. Your armor was a symbol of your power, your helmet (optional), even more so. However, your mystique made you even more intimidating. There was a good chance the Freedom Fighters didn't even know you existed yet. You were just another missing civilian. "To me, it's about presentation. A concealed face."

"I know very well you'll be the star player out on the field (y/n)." Wolf turned around as he fiddled with the toothpick, leaning against the railing with his arms.

"And when do I get the honor of doing so?" Your strange little exchange was just a way to ask, when are we doing this? When are we going to storm a city?

When will the world learn of the almighty intensity of (n/n).

. . . . .

It took two more hours of planning for you and Wolf to come to the best conclusion. Your rate of success was mild, but if successful, you'd gain a massive advantage to this petty fighting. Prisoners, maybe even hostages, were the strongest weapon in war.

You'd be dropping down in a remote city, known well for their commerce and world-wide radio network. The population was that of a regular city, with most members of the society being well known for their skills.

Perhaps you could convert them too. Getting them to aid you and Wolf.

You were to be on the ground during the siege, while Wolf remained in the air commanding units. If the mission was a success, he'd join you. But the canine was not one of muscle and macho, that was your job.

Your duo was the definition of brains and brawn.

After solidification, you dismissed yourself to prepare. Heading down back to the forge to upgrade, reinforce, or make new resources on account of this upcoming mission. In the dark room, you found some large blades, firearms, and even some throwables.

(Fighting type) was your style, and you took two of the weapons off the walls to create a whole new piece. Both, designed to match your uniform. You ordered the robots to start crafting, and watched to make sure your details were correct, precise. Your hands found himself behind your back as you watched rather ominously.

The whole creation took a matter of about an hour for all the pieces to be altered, putting them all together yourself at the end to get a little taste of satisfaction.

And then, instead of going to the bridge, you went to the hanger to wait for Wolf to tell you when you'd be dispatched. And to yourself- it was about time. Night was falling, and most of everyone would be asleep.

Thankfully, your prayers were answered when a speaker hissed to life. You threw your ears back at the high pitched noise until Wolf's familiar voice spoke through the static.

"(N/n), get ready. T-minus 5 minutes out. You'll be dropped with unit squads A through D, the rest of unit E will remain with me."

A smirk formed on your face as you brandished your weapons, giving them a final admiration before they'd be dirtied by your battles. Holstering them again, you reached out to grab a helicopter like device that would allow you to descend with the robot squadrons. Slowly, the hangar door to the war airship opened, wind blasting your face causing you to squint while you put your helmet on.

"Hope you survive (N/n), I'd hate to lose my prize possession~ Kill if you have to."

You rolled your eyes as that whole sentence, cringing as you didn't have it in you to kill. Wolf's weird statement felt like an attempt to even flirt, but you knew he was now nothing without you.

Leaning over the edge, you watched the city lights below as they exposed the many skyscrapers, streets, and radio antennas that made the city famous. You pulled your helicopter device with you, and slowly, slipped your feet over the edge.

Falling.

[]======[]

Word Count: 1430

- S.Ishvalda

Ishvalda