Chapter 2: Luca

Začať od začiatku

"Valentino will be staying at one of his properties here for the next 4 months with his sister, brother and best friend. Of course he will have some of  his members and guards staying with him to, he also has a base stationed here so will be heavily protected putting you in much more danger then first intended" great. Fucking perfect. I let out a sigh before getting up.

"Thank you again for your assistance luca, you have helped me a lot but I do not wish for you to get anymore involved in this. I will call you if I need any more help but other then that you are no longer needed for this mission" Luca had helped me so much, but it would be too dangerous for him now, I need to do the rest alone.

I was about to walk away when luca spoke up again."one more thing Chiara, they will be attending the gala tonight"he informed me and  I only nodded in response before leaving this shit hole club.

My day just got a whole lot better. Looks like things will be moving faster then I originally thought, but it also means I have to be more careful.

____________________________________

It was 3pm by the time I arrived back at the hotel as I decided to grab something to eat on my way back. I would need to start getting ready soon as the gala was at 7 and it takes an hour to get there.

I took a shower and applied lotion to my olive skin before I began to get ready.

I wore a black dress with a low cut V neck. A slit went up the side of my leg  making the knifes strapped to my thigh easy to access if needed. I put my gun in my purse and slipped a smaller knife into my black heels. My make up was light yet my Smokey eye and nude lipstick pulled the look together.

When I had finished putting some loose curls in my hair it was 6 o clock and time to leave.

I strolled into the car park and entered my beautiful jet black Ferrari which I had someone bring up for me earlier during the day. The interior of the car was spotless and I sunk into the leather seats before driving to the event.

The gala was an underworld event, a lot of alliances and business deals usually took place in events like these and was labelled officially as a charity gala.

It was a good place to make new contacts, and was mainly used to drug deals, I had been to many before and all had brought in a large amount of business for me. Some of my highest paid jobs were offered to me at the underworld galas.

Milan was also beautiful, not like Rome. You can appreciate the beauty of Milan but Rome, Rome enchants you, it has a way of getting into your head and pulling out emotion.

I connected my phone to the car and listened to music on full blast for the rest of the trip, singing and tapping my hands on the wheel.

After pulling up I walked into the mansion. Much like most other underworld events it was extravagant and over the top. The tables were covered in a white cloth with a mixture of silver and white diamond centre pieces. People had already gathered around tables and you could tell by the intense conversation that business deals had already begun. There was a bar and a massive open space for a dance floor. Above the dance floor hung a stunning chandelier that sparkled. Each diamond  was delicate with its own ray of light bouncing off it.

I slowly started to walk over to the bar while discreetly scanning my surroundings, I do this wherever I go. It's important to take precaution always. I sat on an empty stool at the bar and order a Diez neat. I took a sip of my drink and felt a slight burn travel down my throat.

"Hey, I'm Elena" I turned to see a petite, young looking girl sat on the bar stool next to me. She had long chestnut hair and a freckled face. I looked down to her outstretched hand before shaking it "Chiara Moretti."

"Ah the assassin" she stated in realisation.

"The one and only" I retorted.

I took another sip of my drink, this one going down a lot smoother before she began to talk again.

"I hate these things" her voice was soft and bubbly, and it felt like she was too innocent for this world.

"What brings you here Elena?" I raised an eyebrow "you don't strike me as a girl belonging to this world."

She lets out a soft giggle "I was born into this world, I'm nice to you but only because I seem to like you, but I'm deadlier then what meets the eye." I nodded in understanding. But then it clicked. Elena. I was taking to Elena hart. It's a shame really because I was starting to like her. She's surprisingly sweet for a Hart.

The doors opened an everyone's eyes turned to look. A tall man entered and I counted six guards by his side. The man towered  over everyone in the room and his muscular frame made his shirt look like it was ready to burst and the seems.

He wore a full black suit and his black curly hair was styled with loose strands falling in front of his face. His tanned face was sculpted to perfection and his presence felt dark and powerful. Inked skin peeked from his collar, but not enough to see the design.

I took me seconds before I realised it was him. This is our guy, Valentino hart stood a mere 20 feet away and I had to old back the urge to shoot him right there, but I knew that I couldn't. I need to be tactical and pounce in the right moment, and this wasn't it.