six

It's been a couple of months since Lily moved back to Mystic Falls and right now she is on her way to the high school she got a text from Bonnie saying that it was important and that she would be meeting Caroline, Stefan, and Elena at the school.

Lily rolls her eyes looking over a Finn "I swear if they ask me about the damn cure one more time..... Someone's head is gonna explode, I'm not telling them anything that I know about it. I'll keep denying it exists" "where are you supposed to meet them?" "in the library something about an SOS text from Caroline but she can't come because she's busy with something that she wouldn't mention"

Finn chuckles at her "and because it was your sister that asked you came to the rescue" Lily smirks at him "as usual it's big sis to the rescue" Lily walks into the school "ugh I always hated this place after hours always gave me the creeps"

She walks into the library in time to hear Rebekah "Class is in session. You've all been compelled; you know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town. Let's start with a little quiz. In the year 1114, my brother learned, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. These tattoos revealed what, Elena?"

Elena looks at her "a map" then Rebekah turns to Caroline "Which led to...? Caroline?" "a cure for vampirism" Rebekah smirks "Perfect, so we're all caught up. Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks. Assuming you found the sword, you also found the cure, and yet, you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong."

Finn looks over at Lily "well something tells me they know it exists now" Lily rolls her eyes pinching the bridge of her nose "No really? What gave you that idea?" the attention in the room turns to her Caroline smiles as Rebekah looks at Lily "I remember you, you work at the grill what are you doing here?"

Lily smirks looking at Caroline "I got forwarded an SOS text telling me to come here" "Where's Bonnie?" Lily shrugs at her "beats me she forwarded the text to me and asked me to handle it because she was busy.... So now I'm here and I see what this is about I have half a mind to just turn around and leave"

Elena glares at the eldest Bennett witch "you said it didn't exist that it wasn't possible"

Lily rolls her eyes "of course I told you lot that, you forget I know exactly how you are Elena you forget I watched you grow into the little brat that you are, you do whatever you have to do to get what you want no matter the consequences of your actions. Of course I knew it existed I told you I've studied every type of magic there is and I know what happens if you find it and I know what stands in the way of finding. Finding that cure will bring hell on earth, global domination whatever you want to call it and of course Elena you'd do it you'd burn the world just to get what you want"

Rebekah looks at Lily with a look of surprise that she knows anything about the cure "how do you know so much about it?" Lily smirks "I read all about it in Qetsiyah's diary she's the witch who created it, she also created the immortality spell that" Lily looks at Rebekah "your mother altered to create vampires"

They all look at her in shock at that little tidbit of information. Not many people actually know that. "Hmm never seen my sister so speechless before" Lily just shrugs still smirking "so you guys carry on because I know that you won't stop no matter what I tell you"

Lily takes a seat in a chair as the shock in the room wears off as Rebekah takes the conversation back over, looks over at April "What are you doing?" April looks at her "Oh, you asked me to take notes" "I wasn't being literal, darling. But now that you mention it...a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push-pins. Go, fetch." April leaves the room.

"You're wasting your time. We don't know anything. Well besides Lily who refuses to share what she knows" Lily rolls her eyes as Rebekah looks at Stefan " So, you just gave up? I thought you would do anything to save Elena? Even if it meant taking the cure yourself, so you could grow old and die with her?"

Elena looks at Stefan in shock and Rebekah picks up on this "Why do you look so surprised?" Lily smirks but no one says a word Rebekah rolls her eyes "I'm missing something what is it?" Caroline is the one that answers her "they broke up, okay?"

Rebekah smiles at that and Caroline gives her a look "now let us go"

"Rebekah ignores her "Broke up? Wait, I'm confused. I thought Elena was your epic love, Stefan?" Rebekah sits down in April's chair and she looks at Stefan. "I asked you what happened. You have to tell me." Stefan answers her "She slept with Damon." Elena looks at Stefan, surprised, and then she looks at Caroline who looks remorseful.

Lily smirks holding back a laugh "oh I wasn't expecting that.... man I wish I had some popcorn for this"

"So, vampire Elena is a trollop who likes bad boys, which explains why Stefan reeks of alcohol. But what it doesn't explain is why sweet, loving, innocent Elena could be so heartless towards Stefan." Elena looks at Stefan. "How could she hurt you like that? Answer, please."

"She didn't know it at the time, but she was sired to Damon." Rebekah sits at a chair between Stefan and Elena. "A sire bond. That's fascinating. And what do you think about that, Elena?" "I think you're sad and bored and in desperate need of a hobby."

Lily smirks "I think you should answer her question Elena" Rebekah smiles over at Lily "I like you" then Rebekah gets serious again and compels Elena "You're hiding something. Fess up."

"I didn't sleep with Damon because of the sire bond. I slept with Damon because I'm in love with him." Stefan looks up at Elena. He seems visibly hurt by what she said. Elena looks shocked at what she said.

Lily looks between Elena and Stefan in surprise "oh snap" Caroline looks at Rebekah "What does any of this have to do with the stupid cure?" "You're right. We got off the point. Stefan, how do I find the cure? Unless you'd rather talk about Damon and Elena all day."

"There's a professor. He knows where the cure is." "Thank you. And, uh, where do I find this professor?"

After Stefan told her what she wanted to know Rebekah make a call to her brother Kol to fetch Shane and bring him to the school.

***
Most of this will be original dialogue but for some parts, it will be crucial to the plot that I use some scenes from the show like this one.