two

It's been a few weeks since the day that Lily and Finn first met and at this point she would defiantly call him her best friend and the two are currently in Lily's kitchen she's making dinner for herself as he tells her a story about when he was a child with Freya.

"One time we climbed the tallest tree in our village and got stuck at the top or as close to the top as we could get we were so high up I looked down and almost fell..Which made Freya scream for our father and he had to get us down out of the tree, that was just months before she was taken"

Lily laughs "oh my you two were such little trouble makers weren't you?" he chuckles "yeah we were always into something when she was taken everything changed, my father was never happy anymore he turned cruel Freya was his light, his firstborn when we lost her we lost a part of him as well but my younger siblings never knew that he was once a caring father, he doted on us but mostly Freya"

"Well my mother skipped out on us when Bonnie was 2 and I was 9 she just left no word, no nothing, she abandoned my sister and me at least we had Grams to teach us about our magic when the time came our dad is completely human he knows about the magic and everything but just doesn't understand it I understood more than Bonnie did when she left but I never forgave her for that we needed her and she left us. She came back after Bonnie went looking for her but I refuse to talk to her my sister may have forgiven her but I can't. She was nowhere to be found when I needed her when I needed my mother and maybe she had a good reason and if she did well good for her but it doesn't change the fact that she still abandoned us"

Lily being too wrapped up in her conversation didn't hear Bonnie come in.

Finn looks at her "I know how being abandoned by your family feels, I've been there too it was my siblings not my parents but still they were my siblings and as the big brother to them all I was supposed to look after them to protect them but I was too wrapped up in my grief and still even though it had been years I wasn't over losing Freya and it clouded my judgment and I wasn't the older brother that I should have been to them. Maybe if I was then things might have been different"

Lily looks over at him "Grief does have a way of seeping in and clouding judgment, I've seen it happen a few times, we can't change the past only try and be better in the future" Bonnie walks into the kitchen looking at her sister confused "Who are you talking to Lil? Because I don't see anybody"

Lily turns to her sister no even missing a beat she pretends to press a button on her phone that was on the counter "I was talking to a friend through my Bluetooth" she presses the screen on her phone then like she was on the phone says "I gotta go, my sister, is here, I'll talk to you later" then she pretends to hang up.

Bonnie smiles "sorry I didn't mean to interrupt I was getting a grimoire that I left here the other day and I heard you in here" Lily smiles at her sister as she walks into the living room and grabs the grimoire that she came for "I gotta go meet Elena now but I'll talk to you later Lil"

After Bonnie leaves the house Finn looks at her "you know one of these days you are gonna run out of excuses to tell her when she walks in on you talking to me" Lily shakes her head "Nah I'm good at on the spot thinking."

He chuckles at her "until your not seriously Lil she's gonna figure something out, I've met her she's smart, there are only so many excuses that she'll buy"

Lily opens her mouth to reply then closes it again realizing that he has a point "okay you have a point but I'll figure it out when we come to that bridge" He shakes his head at her with a chuckle and a slight smile. He's noticed that he catches himself wanting to smile around Lily or when he thinks about her which happens more than Finn would care to admit.

Lily is watching him out of the corner of her eye with a smile on her face as well because same as him she thinks about him more than she would care to admit in the few weeks that she's known him, she knows more about him than his own siblings knew about him in a thousand years. For the first time, Finn feels like he actually has a real friend.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

He turns to completely face her "it's just nice to have a real friend I haven't had a real friend since I lost Freya she was more than my sister she was my best friend"

Lily smiles at him "well I told you the day we met you didn't have a choice in this friendship"

He laughs "yeah because you need me to keep you sane in this toxic drama infested town"

Lily nods "that's right I would have lost my mind by now if I didn't have you to talk to, this town makes me crazy. Seriously my dad made me see a therapist when I was a kid people legit thought I was crazy because I claimed that my 'imaginary friend' was real"

"Your friend was someone you could see from the other side wasn't it?"

Lily nods "yeah he was just a kid barely 13 when he was killed, he was lonely and just wanted someone to see him someone talk to I was 11 at the time he was the first one I saw. Grams was the one that proved that I wasn't really crazy told my dad that I was seeing a real person but he was just a spirit and that it was a rare trait that occurs in our bloodline, the last Bennett that had that trait was my great-great-great-great Grandmother"

***
I legit already love them together. Here is chapter numero dos. Enjoy!