one

{Just a little note that Lily's thoughts will be in italics}
***

Lily Bennett just drove past the welcome to Mystic Falls sign with a sigh "oh this is going to be nothing but drama, I can already tell but my sister needed my help so here I am back in this damn toxic town."

She watches as the familiar scenery zips past as she makes her way to the grill to meet her younger sister Bonnie Bennett. The last time she saw her sister was at their Grams funeral before she left town once again.

She runs her fingers through her hair one last time after she parks in front of her Grams old house which is now in her name since she's the oldest Shelia left the house to Lily. she takes her things inside the house and up to her old room. Putting them away then she walks out of the house and decides to walk to the grill instead of driving to help clear her mind a bit.

Lily let's out a sigh as she approaches her destination before walking into the grill she smiles seeing her sister and Caroline. She walks over "Hey, hey little sister" Bonnie smiles at her "Hey Lil, thank you so much for coming" Caroline smiles too "Oh my god Lil! We've missed you and your hair looks killer" she smiles at the blonde "thanks Care" then she looks at her sister "I'm your big sister, of course, I'm gonna come when you need my help"

Bonnie smiles lowering her voice a bit "you know more about magic than I do because you've been doing it since you were my age that's why I called you is there a way to make someone human again after they've been turned into a vampire?" Lily sighs "who are we talking about?" "Elena..... She's not cut out to be one of them and I want to know if it's possible to make her human again through magic?"

Lily runs her hand down her face thinking 'of course I get called back to this drama infested toxic town for little miss Elena can do no wrong Gilbert' she looks her sister in the eye "Bon I've never heard of anything like that to turn someone back human through magic it's never been done so therefore can't be done" Lily internally rolls her eyes thinking 'well at least not without bringing global domination and if you think I'm bringing that on for little miss Elena Gilbert than you are dead wrong because she's not worth raising the man that holds the single cure for vampirism or so I've heard but in this case it's better to be safe than sorry'

Bonnie looks at her sadly "Oh... I'm sorry I dragged you back here for nothing then" Lily smiles "not completely for nothing Bon because I get to see you" Bonnie smiles "so you're gonna stay for a while?" Lily nods "yeah I missed you Bon so I'm here for a while to see you but for now I'm heading back to the house to get so sleep it's been a long day" Bonnie nods "I'll talk to you later Lil"

Lily stands up "bye Bon, Care it was nice to see you both" Caroline smiles "It was good to see you too Lily" Lily walks out of the grill and as she gets down the block a bit the hairs on the back of her neck stand up and she whirls around looking a man a rather good looking man at that, who looks rather startled as she looks right at him "you've been following me since I left the grill..... What do you want?" he still looks at her stunned "you can see me?"

Lily rolls her eyes "of course I can moron I have eyes, I'm not blind" he blinks for a moment before speaking "yeah that may be true but you're the first person that's seen me because I'm dead... somehow you can see me through the veil of the other side" Lily pauses for a moment rolling her eyes "yeah It's a gift that I have but I can only see the ones that want to be seen and most of the spirts over there just want to find peace and be left alone so it's a non-issue really"

"Sorry I wasn't aware I wanted to be seen" she smirks slightly at him "they never are until I see them, I mean it's only happened a handful of times but that's all it took to get used to it and the only people that knew about this particular ability were my Grams and my dad, I ran straight to her the first time it happened and she told my dad.... so since no one else can see you it looks like I'm your only friend and link to the world. My names Lily by the way"

"Finn, you barely know me and you're just willing to be my friend?" Lily nods "your dead.... not much you can do to me so yeah pretty much.... not really giving you a choice either because I need something to keep me sane while I'm here"

Finn breaks into a slight smile but tries to stop it "so you turn to the dead guy that only you can see?" Lily just smirks "exactly..... don't think I didn't see that smile" Lily motions for him to follow her and for some reason, he decides to listen.

Lily holds her phone up to her ear Finn gives her an odd look "what are you doing?" she just chuckles "If I have my phone up then no one is going to question why I'm talking to thin air" he nods "ok that makes sense..... so I'm gonna keep you sane?"

"Yeah, this town is toxic and drama infested it always has been which is exactly why as soon as I graduated I was gone, I left and to this day this is only the second time I've been home since I left" "what was the first?" "When my Grams died, I came for the funeral and then I talked to my dad and sister and then I left again and this time my sister called and needed my help and like the good big sister I am I came to help"

The two keep walking all the way back to Lily's house just talking getting to know each other a bit because they were going to be seeing a lot of each other and neither of them knows just how important they will be to each other in the near future.