| Chapter 1 : First Word |

[ Edited : ✔️ ]

————————————
~🏀🏀🏀~
————————————

[ 3rd POV ]

It's the middle of the night in the summer at 1973 and everything is at peace... well not everything. A small boy was outside at night still playing with a basketball while trying to shoot hoops in the basket post. Music played in the background that came from the porch of the house, it was 'I believe I can fly' by R. Kelly an old classic.

A stroller was in front of the porch that had a small little baby watching his brother in wonder. His giggles got the attention of their father who had just turned on the lights to see what all the ruckus was about.

The father looked to see his son still playing with the basketball and his baby son watching him in wonder. "Micheal?" He said out loud grabbing the attention of Micheal who stopped for a moment to see his father coming out of the house towards him.

"What are you doing out here, son? It's after midnight and your baby brother was suppose to be in bed hours ago?" Micheal looked at his father with a tried look in his eyes while his baby brother looked at the two confused and started to make a few confused noises.

"Couldn't sleep, Pops. Even Jacob couldn't sleep, dad." Micheal replied as Jacob giggled at both of them when their father turn to look at Jacob with a soft smile.

"Neither can we with all that noise you're makin'. Come on, let's go inside and put your brother to sleep." He said when he stood right in front of Micheal who looked at him with begging eyes. "Just one more shot?"

He pleaded to his dad who looked at him then at Jacob who was clapping his hands together as if he was cheering him to take the last shoot. He smirked and turned back to Micheal, "all right. Just one."

Micheal smiled as he took aim for his last shoot then threw the ball into the hoop that got in. Baby Jacob giggled at this and continued to clap their hands together happily. Their dad caught the ball when it went into the basket and smiled at Micheal.

"Ha ha. That's good. Shoot it again." He in courage him to do as he pasted the ball back to him. Micheal caught the ball to shoot into the hoop again for the second time in a row. "Gettin' pretty good, son even Jacob is cheering you on."

Micheal turned around to see his baby brother on the stroller cheering him on with a smile making his confidence go up a lot. He turned back to their father who had the ball and then passed it back to him.

"Go ahead shoot till you miss." He encouraged again to Micheal who caught it. "Do you think if I get good enough, I can go to college?" Micheal asked him as he threw it again towards the hoop. Their father frowned at his choice of words.

"Hey..." He caught the ball again when it went inside the hoop and looked at Micheal. "You get good enough, you can do anything you want to Micheal, even your brother." He passed the ball to Micheal who had dreamy eyes in his thoughts.

"I wanna play at North Carolina." Micheal shoot the ball again and scored as their father caught it again. He looked at Micheal, happy at him planning his own future out ahead. "That's a real fine school, real fine school. You can get first class eduction there."

He explained to Micheal passing the ball back to him. "I wanna play on a championship team..." He then caught and and threw it again in the hoop while rambling. "Then I wanna play in the NBA." He continued to shooting the basket ball repeatedly until his father caught the ball.

"All right, let's slow down, son. Don't ya think you ought get a little sleep first?" He asked him as he walked towards him to hand him the ball again. "And once I've done all that..", "uh huh?". Micheal paused for a moment becoming a little shy to say it but said it anyways.

"I wanna play Baseball, just like you dad. Maybe even teach Jacob how to play too so he can have a chance to play." Micheal looked up at him with full admiration on wanting to take after his father after he had done basketball. Jacob made confusing noises at the scene of the two having no idea what they were saying.

"Baseball. Hey, now that's a sport." He looked at his son with a small smile on how sweet that was. "When you've finished that I suppose you're gonna fly, huh?" They both started to walk towards Porch where Jacob was looking at them with a smile on his face.

Micheal looked back at the hoop and went to running with the ball to make one final shoot. Their father and Jacob looked at him in awe and wonder at his final shot. "Bas...bash...baske" Jacob mumbled the words out of his mouth as their father looked at Jacob with a grin. He did one final attempt to say it while looking at the basket ball going into the hoop. "Baskeee....t....baaaallll!"