two

Ally's POV

"Maria, quién está en la puerta?"

"Ally y su novio, Anita!"

"¿Novio? ¿Desde cuando," Anita says, coming to the door.

"Two months ago," I tell her.

"And does he have a name," she asks.

"Ice. It's a pleasure to meet the person who makes my girlfriend look amazing," Ice says.

"He's funny," Maria says.

"He's a keeper, Al," Anita tells me.

Bernardo comes out of the bedroom and Anita gives him a look.

"Ally, ¿cómo has estado," he asks.

"¿Bien, y usted?"

"I've been well. And who might this be," he asks.

"Oh, Ice meet Bernardo. Bernardo this is my boyfriend, Ice," I say.

"Pleasure to meet you," Bernardo says.

"Likewise."

Anita and Maria take me to Maria's bedroom to see my dress.

"Anita. ¡Me encanta!"

The dress was covered in black, teal, and white flowers and it matched Ice's clothes perfectly

Ice's POV

After the girls run off, I start talking with Bernardo.

"How long have you known Ally," I ask.

"Since we moved here about three years ago. She's the one who got Maria the cleaning job at Gimbal's," he says.

"I've only known her for about a year, ever since her brother joined the Jets."

"Her brother is Baby John?"

"Yep," I say, popping the "p."

"He's a good kid. And even though we don't always get along, I love Ally like a sister to me. So don't make me pull out my boxing gloves," he tells me.

"Speaking of boxing gloves, Riff's gonna challenge you to a rumble tonight."

"And?"

"If you love Ally as much as you say you do, you'll tell him no. I promised her that I'd keep her brother safe, and if you tell Riff no, you'll be helping me keep BJ safe," I tell him.

"I'll talk to my guys."

Ally's POV

When I walk out of Maria's bedroom, the guy are speechless. Anita did my hair in a low updo with pins to match my dress and white shoes. We chat for a bit before Ice and I leave.

"You... Look... Incredible," Ice says, in between kisses.

"You clean up nice," I chuckle.

We walk to Doc's to pick up BJ and his date. When we get to the dance, Riff and Grazie come over to us.

"Girl, where did you get that dress," Grazie asks me.

"Anita made it for me."

"Do you think she could make me one?"

"She's coming tonight. We can ask," I tell her.

Grazie smiles and leaves, dragging Riff with her. She comes back with the rest of the girls and their dates.

"You think she'd make dresses for the rest of the girls?"

"Why don't we ask her," I say.

We turn around and see the Sharks walk in. I grab Anita and Maria from Bernardo and Chino.

"Ay, what are you doing," Anita asks.

She sees the girls standing next to me and smiles.

"Don't worry. They know I'm friends with you."

I turn to the girls.

"Girls, meet Anita, the best seamstress I know, and Maria, Bernardo's sister."

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Graziella and this is Velma, Tessa, and Ronda," Grazie says.

"¿Por qué nos encontramos con ellas," Maria asks.

"The girls wanted to know if you could make them dresses, Anita," I say.

"Si, of course I can," Anita says.

"Perfect! How's about tomorrow we meet at the diner and talk about the dresses," I ask.

The girls all nod in agreement and went to dance. Ice and I hang around the punch bowl until Glad Hand tells us to form two circles: Boys on the outside, girls on the inside. We do as he says and when the music stops, I end up with Junior. Everyone stands there in silence until Anita says:

"¡Oye, Javi! ¡Ponle fuego, vamos!"

After some time, Tony and Bernardo get into it, and Riff says something to Bernardo. I pull Ice aside.

"What the hell is going on," I ask.

"Riff wants to challenge them to a rumble," he tells me.

I cross my arms and roll my eyes.

"But, Bernardo said he would talk to his guys about saying no because he told me that even though the two of you fight, he cares about you, Al."

"Don't do anything stupid," I say.

Ice's POV

Riff grabs me and Action to come talk to Bernardo and a couple of his guys.

"Tony, c'mon. Tony. C'mon."

Tony starts to walk away which makes Riff angry.

"You walkin' away?! Hey, c'mon, man!"

We head to the restrooms to talk.

"You want to fight, right," Quique asks.

"Not here. We gotta set it up," Action says.

"Set it up? You mean... Like a date," Bernardo asks.

"Alla you, and alla us," Riff tells him.

"We're busy guys, we got jobs. Why should we play on the playground with a buncha little -"

"Control a your territory, that's what you get. We keep clear outa yer way, yer Jetfree. If you win. We win, you see us comin - and we will keep comin - you Sharks make like the rats and skedaddle."

Bernardo looks at me with a smile.

"I'm sorry, Riff, but I am going to have to decline your offer," he says.

Riff scoffs and Quique's mouth hangs open.

"¿Hablas en serio, Bernardo," Quique asks.

"Sí, Quique. No necesitamos pelear por el territorio," Bernardo tells him.

Quique just rolls his eyes and the Sharks leave. Riff turns to me.

"You've been awfully quiet, buddy boy," he says.

"So?"

"Did your girlfriend tell you to tell them spics to decline my offer?"

"What? No! Riff, I'm on your side," I tell him.

He rolls his eyes and walks out.

"Is he right or what," Action asks me.

"About what?"

"About you talking to the spics?"

"No! I didn't talk to 'em about anything!"

I walk out of the restroom and back to the dance.