Chapter 3

Dexter opened his eyes. Through his window, he saw that the sun had only begun to rise. He settled back against the warm body next to him. He felt shapes being traced on his chest. He peered through half lidded eyes at his wife and sighed. "What are you doing?" "I don't know." "Then stop." "Why?" "I'm trying to sleep." "Shouldn't you be heading to Dallas?" He looked at her in surprise. "How do you know about that?" She smiled sweetly. "Going through your phone is a bad habit of mine." He groaned. "I can go tomorrow," he uttered offhandedly. "Dex, you can't leave the day you're supposed  to be in Dallas, to be in Dallas." "That didn't make any sense." "Come on, up you lazy man!" she lightly shoved him. He sat up slightly. "Narissa, I'm far from lazy." She laughed. "Then prove it to me. Get up."

He observed himself in the mirror for a while before deciding he looked acceptable. His wife stood by the door, waiting. "Here's the stuff you need. I hope it's enough for Dallas." He kissed her briefly on the lips. "It'll be enough for me," he said when he pulled away. He walked down the steps, entered his car and drove down the road. 

She closed the door and went about her duties for the day, humming to herself. After all, there were dishes to wash, and after their little tryst last night, sheets to clean. Her husband will be mighty tired when he finishes business in Dallas. He shouldn't be greeted with a dirty house.

She may be old-fashioned but that's how she likes it. This is her life now and she wouldn't change it for the world.

The End