25

tw: sa

omniscient

"you punched someone?"

"mom-"

"joli, i don't want to hear excuses! there is no excuse-"

joli's mind drifted, all her energy being consumed by focusing on forcing the tears to stay put, the too-bright hospital lights blurring together alongside the memories from the previous day.

she'd known about kai for a while. too long.

billie was just leaving in her history work, just before school ended. the corridor was deserted, aside from joli who waited outside the classroom for her friend.

she was confused, lost in her own thoughts. this might have been the first time she couldn't work out a problem.

she was falling for billie.

she had fallen for billie.

she could hardly believe what had happened a few nights previously, how she had kissed her in the bathroom stall.

billie had kissed back.

it had to be a one off, spur of the moment thing.

her mother's face popped into her head.

she'd have to work harder, be better.

shaking her head to rid herself of her own thought process, it occurred to her that billie had been in there for too long.

she opened the door, apprehension building as she did so.

kai.

kai pinning billie to the wall.

he was trying to kiss her, hands gripping at her wrists to keep her squirming frame in place. his body was pressed against hers, blocking her of all movement.

"kiss me, you whore," he snarled.

she doesn't remember much after that, only the raging anger that filled her entire being, kai stumbling backwards, billie staring at her with an expression she couldn't quite read.

she'd punched kai.

everything was spinning...

she woke up in a hospital, her mother didn't show up for 2 hours after that.

they'd informed her and joli that she'd passed out due to a lack of food in her system and the adrenaline from the heat of the moment, and the and they were going to be testing her for an eating disorder as was protocol.

her mom just sat there with tight lips, leg bouncing with absolute fury until the doctor left, and she started shouting.

"i'm sorry," joli mumbled, staring straight at the ceiling.

"you're sorry? and not to mention the eating disorder? you're nothing but attention seeking, and you've brought shame on this family, joli! what am i going to do when this all gets out?"