9

objects kind of work like humans so i am also of the assumption that they can run fevers and stuff. every object, naturally, has a different healthy body temperature among different types of objects.

cw for brief mention of airy's forehead. i know you all like to pretend it doesn't exist but it's time for you to face reality

Those hours you spent watching over Airy turned into days, and those days became weeks. Before you knew it, a month had passed of you trying to nurse Airy back to health.

He was faring much better than when you'd first found him, all things considered. He still didn't try to leave the shed at all. You figured he needed the rest, but wondered how he didn't get bored in there.

One day, as you were coming back from catching fish, you saw him standing in the clearing, staring blankly ahead. Startled, you dropped your basket and ran over to him. "Airy?! What are you doing out here?"

You stopped at his side, leaning over to look at him worriedly. "You should be resting. How come you're outside?"

"I..." Airy blinked and seemed to snap out of his trance. "...Huh." he looked around, expression laced with confusion, before his gaze landed on you.

"Airy?" your brow creased. He didn't seem to know where he was.

"Where...am I?" He raised a hand to his face, gingerly tracing the cracks that weren't covered by the bandages.

That confirmed your suspicions. "I-Is it okay if I touch you?" You asked, trying to keep the tremble out of your voice. Airy stared at you for a second before nodding slowly.

You reached up and put a hand against his forehead. The glass felt warm to the touch. Did he have some kind of fever?

"Okay, you need to go back inside." You murmured. You gently guided Airy back to the shed. You figured out he had been in some sort of dissociative fugue. Thankfully you were able to find him before he could get very far.

You led him into the shed, setting him down gently on the bed of reeds. He was compliant, out of weakness and a confused haze if nothing else.

You sighed as you watched Airy carefully from next to the bed. You had pulled up a seat from the bench and was sitting on it, monitoring him as much as you could. Your hand remained entwined with his, but you didn't really care to notice or pull away.

"I was taking a walk..." he mumbled feverishly.

"You're not well enough for that." You chided gently. "You need to rest. That injury isn't doing you any favors."

He turned his head to look at you. "I...thought the sun would be...good for me."

"You were practically delirious! You could've gotten lost." You hoped you weren't being too harsh on him. That was the last thing he needed when he was still recovering.

If your words had any effect on him, he didn't show it, blinking slowly at you as he registered what you said. "...Oh."

You sighed. "Get some rest, Airy. I think you really need it."

Airy didn't reply, turning back to face the ceiling. You continued to watch over him, face full of worry as he drifted back to sleep. You never let go of his hand.

sorry for more short chapters im trying my best hhh