02: Finishing First Day Of School

Start from the beginning

"Oops, overshot it. But don't worry, I know a chiropractor in the Philippines." Bree said, referring to her brother.

The fire alarm went off and people started to shout and run.

"People. People. Statistics show that if we don't panic, at least 70% of us will make it out alive." Chase announced, it didn't calm people down, they went right back to freaking out and running wildly. Chase was thrown off balance and landed harshly on the bleachers. I was near him and decided to helped him up.

"You should never tell someone their chances of living." I advised. He nodded and muttered a 'thanks' to me. I let go of him and was about to exit the gym when I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh no, they killed Dewey Dino!"

Oh, no way. It's Tasha Dooley, I've seen her new stories before, I've always found them entertainingly bad. I also noticed her husband, Donald Davenport, a billionaire scientist.

I looked between Leo and the new kids, they innocently smiled and waved at them. That must be Leo's parents and I should probably go.

"So how was school?! Get in the helicopter!"

I was able to hear Mr. Davenport yell before exiting the building. I searched around the area and spotted Dad's motorcycle.

———————————

Dad and I got off the motorcycle and entered our small house. I lazily took my shoes off and threw myself on the couch.

"That bad?" Dad asked, I groaned sitting up and facing him. He leaned against the counter eating some cookies.

"Can't I drop out?" I asked. Dad bursted into a fit of laughter.

"No." Dad chuckled. I flopped back on the couch and inhaled deeply. I got up again heading to my room, I waved as I passed dad and ran upstairs. I opened my door and threw my bag aside.

My eyelids became heavy and I started to close them only to feel my phone vibrate. I took my phone out and the bright screen shined on my face.

'I'm having a party and you're invited.
It's Leo from school btw.'

I reread it and shut my phone off. I didn't want to deal with a party after school. I placed my phone on my stomach and closed my eyes, hoping I could fit in a quick nap before dinner. I took a deep breath feeling relaxed.

My sleepiness went away as I was woken up for the second time. I grabbed my phone and saw it was Leo again.

'Could you please come over?
You're the only person who actually engaged in a conversation with them.
Bree thinks you're her BFF.
Have some pity for the homeschooled.'

'I'll be there.' I sent, instantly regretting it.

I got up and unwillingly left the comfort of my bed. I walked downstairs entering the living room. Tony had arrived from work and dad was in the kitchen. I waved at Tony and tapped dad on the shoulder.

He turned to me and paused his cooking.

"What's up, squirt?"