She held my hand tightly and dragged me to where my parents, sister, and her parents sat. Edmond followed close behind talking with Alastair as they watched over us.

"Look at what Prince Edmond gave to Princess Ellie!" Ashley giggled a little when she said princess. "I will never get to used to that. Princess Ellie."

"That's Princess Elanor!" my mother corrected.

"Ellie is fine," I said.

"Or loser," Harmony grumbled.

"Harmony!" Father growled at her.

"What?"

"You need to stop. You need to respect your sister. She will be queen of the entire pack one day."

"And I'm her Luna!" she screeched.

"I think Queen supersedes Luna," Ashley laughed. 

"Harmony, stop. You really need to stop," Alex pleaded.

She stood up and slammed her hands on the table. "No! No, I will not. She always steals my spotlight! She couldn't just sulk away in her room. No, she had to runaway and trap the prince. This is ridiculous. I could have been queen!"

"No, ma'am," Edmond said. "That would never happen."

"Wow," Alastair said.

"I didn't trap the prince. We're a bonded pair. Just like you and Alex, he's my mate."

She huffed and stormed away.

"I am so sorry for our daughter," my mother said, shaking her head.

"It's not your fault, mom."

She shook her head and returned to gazing at the ring. 

"This is really something else. So when are you planning on the mating ceremony?"

"Oh, uh, well, I'm not sure."

"My mother will have everything planned. It's kind of tradition for the queen to plan and host the ceremony. She probably already has everything done."

"That's lovely. What about the dress? I can help you pick out the dress!"

I looked at Edmond who pursed his lips.

"Actually, I'm so sorry, there has been a gown passed down for hundreds of years that all future queens wear."

"Oh. So all the women in your family wore it?"

He shook his head. "No. Not all. Just those who will one day be queen. It's beyond just a family tradition for the dress. Even I have something very specific that I have to wear that all future king's have to wear."

Mother sat back in her chair and pouted a bit.

"I'm sure the queen will need help with some things. We'll have to meet with her and find out," I suggested.

"Okay. I just  want to help."

"You have always been a huge help to everything mom." I kissed her forehead as Edmond led me to another group of dignitaries.

"Do forgive us," he said, as we walked away. "Unfortunately, duty calls, and we must meet with a few other wolves."

"Of course," father said.

"When is our mating ceremony?" I whispered.

"I think it's going to be the next full moon. That's when the others I've been to have always happened. It's believed that the marking at moon rise under a full moon strengthens a mating pairs bond."