Chapter Seven

With Tony's Christmas party mere days away, the Avengers had taken a brief break from going on missions together- most missions now were duos or trios, which meant that whoever was left behind was tasked with helping Tony plan the party. To Percy and Loki's dismay, they seemed to be the two poor souls tasked with it today.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to leave Loki and Tony in a room together unsupervised must have been absolutely delusional, and Percy was too tired and slightly disorientated from an episode earlier on to stop them from endlessly bickering. It was beginning to give him a headache.

He'd been plagued by these awful visions for weeks now. They'd began by exclusively taking place in Tartarus but, now, they were much more versatile. Most recently, he'd witnessed flashes of a shadow murdering a group of men around a conference table. It was so real, Percy could've sworn he felt some of the blood splatter on his face. He'd been having breakfast with the team when it happened- rather than simply zoning out, he'd fainted this time. A more uncommon occurrence, and much more unwelcome.

When he'd woken up, he was in the infirmary, Bruce and Tony by his bedside, arguing. It was the usual scene he would recover from an episode to, both of them squabbling over what exactly they should do with Percy. Run more tests? Keep him in the infirmary? No, he'd resist that. Stop him from going on missions? Try to contact his father? Any solution one of them produced, the other would disagree with. It was exhausting to just listen to. As a result, he simply got up and walked out of the infirmary, neither of the scientists even noticing. By the time they did, Percy was in Loki's room, recounting the vision. Loki, in turn, had looked through a book he'd asked Thor to get him from Asgard- one that dealt with visions, dreams, the sort. It tended to lead nowhere, as much things involving Percy often did.

"Stark, are you demented?" Loki boomed, his hands out to his sides in exasperation. He'd listened through the entirety of Tony's party playlist, the poor soul. "There is absolutely no way you are playing a single Weezer song at this event. They all sound as if you want someone's eardrums to combust."

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't disrespect Weezer like that!" Tony sassed back.

"Weezer is quite good, to be fair," Percy cut in, raising a hand from his chair in the far corner of the room, where he'd been staring into space for quite some time. Both Tony and Loki whipped around, as if they'd forgotten he was there because of how quiet he'd been, then Tony cackled triumphantly.

"HA!" He pointed at Percy. "Percy agrees with me!"

"But," he held up a finger, raising his eyebrows, "Loki makes a good point. Aren't, like, A-Lister celebrities going to be here?"

"Percy, I am an A-Lister celebrity."

"So wouldn't they, I don't know, expect something a bit more..." he wracked his brain, searching for the right word, "elegant?"

"You're saying Weezer isn't elegant?" Tony gawked.

"That's not what I was- you know what? Yes, Tony, that's exactly what I'm saying."

Tony threw his hands up in irritation and walked out, muttering things somewhere along the lines of: "Weezer? Bad? Not elegant? You idiots. Idiots, I say!"

Loki and Percy looked at each other once Tony was completely gone and out of earshot, and then the two of them burst out laughing.

In that exact moment, Loki looked at Percy and, suddenly, without warning or explanation, he knew. He knew what that feeling in his stomach was every time he looked at him. He knew why his heart would skip a beat every time he met those sea-green eyes. Yes, he knew.