Heartbreaker

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳

╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳╳

We were now currently responding to a call at the golf course. The plane landed and a guy carried his partner in his arms, and she appeared to be passed out. We all get out of the truck after putting on our gloves and go over to the couple. "Here let me give you a hand." Bobby tells the guy. "All right, let's put her over here."

"Okay."

"Does she have any history of heart problems?" Bobby asks the woman's partner. "No, she's only 32. How does this happen?" he responds.

"Blood pressure's 80/40. Still dropping." Hen says. "Hen, looks like a possible heart attack." Buck says. "Nitro sublingual." Bobby tells us and Buck's phone rings. "Hey, Abbs, I'm-I'm on a call." Buck says into his phone.

After a few seconds Buck speaks aloud "Wait, wh-what stunt?" he says. "You faked an emergency?" Buck asks the guy. "I was proposing." the guy says and we all look at him.

"I thought I was being romantic." he continues.

"Guys, she's on levothyroxine." Buck tells us as Abby explains to him. "Not a heart attack." Bobby says stopping Hen from giving the woman any nitro. "Broken heart syndrome?" Hen and I say together. "That's what I'm thinking." Bobby states.

"Okay. I'll get the adenosine." Hen says.

"That's a real thing?" the guy asks.

"Yes sir." I state even though the guy was probably no older than I was. "It mimics the symptoms of a heart attack." I continue. "It was probably brought on by her thyroid medication and you nearly scaring her half to death." Bobby says.

"And you don't treat it the same as a cardiac arrest event. That nitro we almost gave her could've caused some real damage." Hen adds.

"All right, she's coming to. She's coming to." Bobby says after Hen gives her a dose of adenosine. "That's it. Take some deep breaths." Bobby says and the woman gasps for air as she comes to.

"Way to go, Abby." I say to Buck. "Good call, Abby. She's, uh, she's conscious. She's conscious, she's conscious." Buck spoke into his phone. "You're okay. You're okay. Deep breaths, deep breaths." Bobby assures the young woman.

"Oh, baby, thank God." the guy says.

"All right, you think you can sit up? Here, take it slowly." Bobby tells the young woman.

"Careful." Hen says. "Can I see the ring again?" she asks her partner. "I think she's actually considering his proposal." Buck answers the question that Abby must've asked.

The guy puts the ring on his partners finger "Yes." she says. "She said yes." Buck says. The woman slaps the guy "And she smacked him." Buck tells Abby. I mean she had every right to slap him.

Soon it was almost Valentine's Day and how ironic it was that we were now at a call where flowers flooded the street along with water.

"God, I hate Valentine's Day. Everywhere you look, it's perfume ads, candy ads, jewelry ads. It is a fake holiday designed by women to make guys feel guilty and go into debt." Buck says.