Let Go

The team was called to an amusement park about a guy who fell off of the roller coaster. "Please, hurry!" a guy yells as he hangs on to the handle bar of the car. "Buck, we came in at the wrong angle. I'm gonna have you climb up there, harness him in, and hang tight while we move the truck. You think you can handle that?" Bobby says.

"Hell yeah. This daredevil hero stuff is what I signed up for, Bobby." Buck responds. "Good."

As Buck climbs up the ladder the girls cry out for help "Help us! Please!"

"Everybody, try to stay calm. We'll get you down, I promise, all right? I need you to relax, I need you to breath, and I still need you to keep as still as possible. You move less, you stay safe. We get everyone off this ride safe."
Buck assures the passengers on the ride.

Y/N and Bobby stand at the bottom of the ladder watching Buck climb up. "Hey, what's your name, man?" Buck asks the guy who was holding on. "Devon."

"Devon. All right, Devon. Well, hang on, brother." Buck says to him. "Where's Chad? What happened to Chad" Devon cries.

"Hey, Bobby, he's asking about his friend." Buck says.

"Chimney, it's Captain and Y/N, you copy?"

"Copy, Captain. What do you need?" Chimney says into the radio. "How's the kid on the ground?" Y/N asks.

"He's gone." Hen tells Chimney.

"We lost him." Chim tells Y/N and Bobby.

"All right, I don't need the people up there seeing that. So, do me a favor.... He survived, right? Get him on a gurney. You know the drill." Bobby says to Chimney.

"Copy that."

People on the ground record and take pictures as Buck was still up on the roller coaster "With all of these people watching and recording, it's not helping the situation." Y/N sighs placing her hands on her hips. Buck continues to talk to Devon as he reaches out his hand but Devon let's go of the roller coaster and he falls onto the tracks then the ground.
-
Y/N watches as Buck stares blankly at his mug. She takes a seat beside him as Chimney brings him a plate. "I'm not hungry." Buck says. "This is America, Buckaroo. Eating has nothing to do with being hungry." Chim tells him. "Man, I was right there. You know, all he had to do was reach up and grab my hand." Buck mentions.

"People do funny things at times like that. Sometimes they just freeze up." Chim says.

"I've never lost anyone before. Does it get any easier?" Buck asks the others. "No." Bobby says. "Look, people die, and that's part of the gig, right? See your problem is, you're at every job like it's a long term relationship. They're one-night stands, man. In that moment, they mean everything to you, but once the morning comes... it's onto the next one." Chimney says.

"Well, there's that analogy. Not the one I would've used but..." Y/N says before sipping her coffee as Hen walks up the stairs. "Hey. You guys don't mind, I brought some company to family dinner. Athena's going through some, uh, stuff at home, so she could use some TLC." Hen says.

Y/N stands and goes over to Athena and hugs her. After hugging her mother, Y/N returns to her seat beside Buck. Y/N grabs Buck's hand under the table and squeezes it. He looks at her and tries to put a smile on his face but it ends up being a weak smile. "Well, we don't usually allow cops at secret firehouse meetings, but, uh, I'll make an exception." Bobby says to Athena as he hugs her.

"Mm. All right. I appreciate that." Athena says to Bobby and she turns to Buck. "Oh well. You know, I ain't too sold on you yet, but... my daughter here seems pretty fond of you. And I think keeping me from getting shot deserves a second chance." Athena holds her hand out for Buck to shake. He smiles and shakes her hand.