Next of Kin

After Y/N called 9-1-1, Athena tries to get May to wake up. "May. May. May. Wake up, wake up, wake up. Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on. Wake up. May!" Athena cries as Y/N paces. Soon the paramedics arrive and put May on the stretcher.

Y/N seen her fair share of this type of situation but since this time it was her little sister, it felt different. Athena, Y/N and Harry follow the paramedics out. Once outside, Y/N hurried to her car. "Mom. Mom! What's wrong with May?" Harry questions worriedly.

"Honey. Honey, honey, honey. Your sister isn't feeling well, okay? I need you to go next door to the Johnsons. Call your father, tell him to meet me at the hospital, okay? All right, can you do that?" Athena says to Harry.

"Yeah."

"All right. Lock the door. I have to go ride with your sister." Athena says and she gets into the ambulance. As the ambulance leaves Y/N drives behind it.
-
At the hospital Athena and Y/N follow the stretcher May was on as she gets wheeled down the hall. "You're gonna be okay. They're gonna take good care of you." Y/N says to May hoping she could hear her.

"You be strong for us now, okay?" Athena says as she and Y/N stop as the nurses take May down the hall.

Later as Athena paces, Y/N sits in a chair bouncing her leg Y/N's phone was probably blowing up right but she couldn't check it right now. "Athena. What's up? You're not answering your phone." Micheal says walking entering the waiting room. "I-I rushed out so fast, I forgot." Athena tells him.

"Okay, well, what happened?" Micheal asks.

"She took a bunch of pills." Athena explains.

"On purpose? Well, what did she take?" Micheal says.

"Hydrocodone." Y/N says remembering the name on the bottle.

"Okay, can... well, can we see her?" Micheal asks. "No... she's still in the ICU. They said maybe half an hour or so. I need to sit down." Athena says and she sits down beside Y/N.

Micheal starts to pace "Ah.... Oh God, this is my fault. You were right, you were... you were right. I shouldn't have told them. They weren't ready." Micheal sighs.

"Did she seem upset to you? I mean, I-I know it's... hard. But this hard? When is the last time we didn't know exactly what May was feeling?" Athena says.

"Sh- well, she's a teenager now. I-I just, you know, maybe we weren't, uh, paying enough attention. I just- I don't know but..." Micheal rambles.

"Okay, All right, let's-let's not do this right now, okay?" Athena tells him. "Okay." Micheal nods.

Micheal hugs Athena and footsteps were heard causing Athena and Y/N to look up at the approaching person. "H-He with you?" Athena asks and Micheal looks up. "Uh... we... we were having dinner, and he... and-and he drove me here. I'm sorry. He was... he was just worried about me." Micheal explains.

"Uh... I-I'm gonna get a cup of coffee." Athena says. "Yeah, okay."

Athena stands and Y/N decides to follow behind her but at a distance.
-
In May's room Athena and Y/N stand on both sides of the bed. The two of them look up and see Micheal standing in the door and he walks further into the room. "The last time she was in a hospital bed, I was lying in it with her, feeding her." Athena says.

"Yeah, it was just an hour and a half of labor. We almost didn't make it to the hospital." Micheal says chuckling softly and he places a hand on Athena's shoulder. "She was so damn eager to get into this world."

"Mom?" May says weakly as she wakes up.

"Baby. Hey. Y/N and Dad are here, too." Athena spoke softly.