On top of the cheating, my sexuality had been raised multiple times on the stand. Renee had claimed that my homosexual relationships were damaging towards Ollie's development and against her strong moral 'beliefs'. I'd been absolutely horrified to sit in my chair and listen to the defaming accusations of grooming she'd managed to pull out of her ass - including claims of sexually transmitted diseases, more prone to 'gay communities' I was putting Ollie at risk to. My parents, who'd been sitting with Renee's parents on the defendant's side of the courtroom, had been quick to add their two pence on the topic when they were called to testify. 

I was an abomination to their 'religious beliefs'. I shouldn't be allowed to raise my own son in such a 'troubling environment'. The house Jae and I lived in 'wasn't safe'. Cheating on Renee with other men had ruined our relationship. That one had made me scoff. Of course it was my fault and not the fact that Renee had been paid to date and marry me in the first place. That wasn't a major factor at all.

It was disgusting and thankfully, the judge seemed to think so too. It was satisfying but not nearly justice enough to see Renee reprimanded for her factless claims. The relief I'd felt when the judge had stated loudly and clearly that Renee's mindset towards homosexuality would be more damaging to Ollie than my sexuality itself, had been welcome . I'd been glad I wasn't the only one to have such views.

One thing that was reinstated for sure after today was, aside from allowing Ollie to see his mother and grandparents, I was cutting off all contact and ties with Renee's family and my own. I never wanted to see them again after what they put me through, having to listen to them drag me through dirt as though I wasn't the very son they had brought into this world and were supposed to protect and love. I was absolutely finished. I'd never be able to forgive them for this, not even on my deathbed.

Evan released us from his enthusiastic bear hug, just in time for the witch herself to come storming past, our parents on her shiny, red heels as she stomped by, hands on her slightly extended stomach. The baby had been a topic on hold. There was nothing I, nor the judge could do about that until Renee agreed to a paternity test, which she had conveniently decided to decline. I still worried, however, about Ollie's youngest sibling.

"You haven't won." Renee snarled viciously as she passed and her blue pupils were like piercing rings of ice lodged in her skull. I watched my soon to be ex-wife flip her long, golden hair over her shoulder as she stomped away, her entourage of parents following along behind her, glaring with beady eyes, as though they could perish me with their gazes. My own sperm and egg donors didn't even spare me even a disgusted glance as they swiftly left.

"Is this the part where she gets run over by a bus? Like in Mean Girls?" Jae whispered and I pinched him, giving him a perplexed look. He raised his hands, a mischievous, slightly evil grin spreading across his gorgeous face. "Just kidding! No I wasn't! I'll pay for what I said when I meet her in hell. Anyway! Let's get our baby boy!" Jae began tugging on my arm, eager to leave and find Ollie, but I stopped him, tugging him back into my side.

I turned to my lawyer, Gina Porter, who was standing off to the side, watching us scream and hug like a bunch of kids in a playground supervised by their loving, yet stern teacher. She was smiling, her wrinkled lips stretched wide, her freckled face almost glowing with happiness. It was probably the first time I'd seen her smile so widely since I'd first met her all those weeks ago, lost and broken, desperate for help.

I released Jae so that I could hug her tightly and she patted my back, placatingly. "Thank you," I told her with all the sincerity I felt, squeezing her just a little bit tighter. "Thank you for helping me and my family. I get to take Ollie back home because of you. I'll never forget this."