twenty-two

twenty-two || flowering

୨♡୧

"Hyung please eat the soup I made you! Your hangover is no joke." Taehyun said and gently scooped up a spoonful of the soup and held it up to Beomgyu who weakly accepted it.

"I know I know, my head is fucking throbbing...God, I knew I shouldn't have accepted those drinks," Beomgyu groaned and accepted another spoonful of soup that Taehyun scooped up, leaning his head tiredly against the cold counter.

Taehyun rolled his eyes and gave the spoon to Beomgyu so he could scoop up his portion. Getting off of the stool he walked over to the cabinets and grabbed a glass cup and walked over to the fridge filling it with cold water. He had woken up a bit early to cook some hangover soup for the elder, it did bother him how he had to wait until almost one in the afternoon for the elder to wake up himself though.

"I didn't do anything stupid, right Tyun-ah?" Beomgyu asked suddenly, making Taehyun tense up. He took a small glance at the elder for a split second as his mind was slowly forming the event from last night, the one specific moment when they almost...

"Not at all, hyung. You're very emotional when you're intoxicated though." He said, lying through his teeth. If he told Beomgyu what truly happened he knew the elder would send himself into a spiral of guilt, especially after the conversation they had of...only staying as friends.

"That makes me happy, and I know, Yeonjun hyung gets so annoyed because of my emotional self." He heard Beomgyu say, a low deep chuckle in between his sentences. Taehyun looked over his shoulder back at Beomgyu with a blank look, turning around he walked over and gently placed the glass cup on the counter handing it over to him. "You were pretty emotional."

"However, just rest up the best you can, and please finish your soup, I'm gonna go get my phone," Taehyun muttered before leaving the kitchen to go back to his room. Ever since last night when he finally realized that he was getting attached, he knew he was screwed over. It wasn't supposed to happen, it was never supposed to happen.

Shaking his head he walked over to his bed and grabbed his phone. Getting attached would only mean trouble and he knew he shouldn't, yet why was his heart saying the opposite? So many emotions, thoughts, and questions ran through his head the more time runs out and he couldn't stand it.

He knew there was no use getting attached when he only had a few days left with Beomgyu.

Sighing softly, he looked over at his phone and swiped to the notifications. He had multiple messages from Huening Kai and Soobin, a few messages from classmates who need help, one message from Yuri (probably another cat video), and three new messages from Yeojin. Yet he felt tired, he didn't want to answer them at all. Taking another look his eyes suddenly widened after seeing a familiar contact that tried to call him.

It was like his heart did a leap and backflip inside of him, quickly pressing the number again he waited for a few minutes before hearing the call connect in an instant.

"Grandma?"

"You little punk! I called you and you didn't answer, didn't I say you must always answer my calls within five seconds?! What were you doing that took so long huh?!"

Taehyun felt his eye twitch as his grandmother went on and on about him not picking up the phone call, distancing the phone from his ear after hearing his grandmother's voice get louder he sighed tiredly waiting until she stopped.