Pumpkin Patch 🎃

Începe de la început

"I already watered the crops, and fed the animals" Sam said cutting you off.

"Aw. Sammy. You didn't have to do that." You said then kissed him.

"I know, I wanted to." He gave a cheeky grin.

"Okay, what should I wear?"

"Something warm. We'll be outside for a bit"

You raised an eyebrow. "Okay." You started putting together an outfit. You decided on a knit brown, oversized sweater with jeans.

"You look so pretty in sweaters" Sam gawked. His eyes then widened, "Not that you don't look pretty in anything else. You always look pretty, I just really like sweaters on you." He stammered.

You rolled your eyes and smiled. "I knew what you meant."

"Um. We're taking the train, so we should start heading out soon. The train leaves at 10. That's half an hour from now." Sam said a little antsy, constantly looking at the time.

You finished getting ready, and the two of you headed over to the train station.

You arrived at 9:55, giving you 5 minutes to spare.

"So are you now gonna tell me what we're doing?"

"No. Shush. It's a surprise." He said pulling you close to him.

The two of you head, on the train, and made your way to the city.

"Zuzu? We're going to Zuzu?" You questioned, remembering all those days you wasted, being miserable, working in that godforsaken office.

"I promise you'll love it. We're going to a better part of Zuzu." Sam noticed your uneasiness and squeezed your hand.

About 10 minutes later, Sam grabbed your hand. "This is our stop", and he pulled you up.

He led the way. You were 5 minutes into the walk, when Sam stopped. "Okay, it's coming up on the left."

You looked over, and your eyes widened. "We're at a farm?" You we're confused.

"Just wait." And Sam led you into the entrance. When you walked in, it was fall galore. Cider donuts and apple cider being sold on the left, corn maze on the right. Your eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. You could feel Sam smiling at you, "you're adorable" he said.

He pulled you forward. You were looking all around, when you stopped dead in your tracks at the sign in front of you. It was a sign with an arrow that read "Pumpkin Patch", and it was pointing to the left.

"Pumpkin patch???" You exclaimed. "Sam, you brought me to a pumpkin patch???" You gave a little pouty face, but the "aww" kind of pouty face.

"Well, you said you wish you could go again, and I noticed how sad you got talking about it."

"I don't deserve you, Sam"

"It's you I don't deserve. You work hard, you deserve some fun " He looked down at your face. "But let's go!"

The two of you got on the hayride to the pumpkin patch, and took cute pictures together.

"I want a baby pumpkin." You said, while Sam was trying to find the biggest one. You look over, and see Sam putting something in his jacket pocket.

"Sammy" you whisper shouted, "what are you doing?"

He turned around. "I'm taking this baby pumpkin!" In his hands, there was a baby green pumpkin, about the size of your palm. "It's not like the farmers will know I took two. It's tiny, and fits in my pockets! See??"

You just shook your head and laughed. "Yeah then the next day you'll be on the news, known as the pumpkin stealer." The two of you laughed.

"Hey!" He put his arms up "it could be worse"

The two of you walked through the corn maze, and got some apple cider to drink, along with warm cider donuts. He knew they were your favorite.

"Sammy, you didn't have to do this. You know we got a patch at my farm." You say hugging him. He rested his chin on your head.

"Anything to make you happy. You should've seen your face. Your eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store. It was the cutest thing. And maybe one day we could make our own pumpkin patch for people to visit on our farm."

You lifted your head to look at him. "Our farm?" You never thought you'd hear anyone say that. It made you melt.

"Ours. I'm going to marry you one day. I can promise that. Then we can start a family, and take care of the farm together, and start a pumpkin patch." He grabbed your face and kissed you. Foreheads touching, he looked at you. "I love you."

"I love you too."