Ch25. A sweet smile

Começar do início

But honestly, it wasn't something you could complain about. If anything, you were grateful for your father's worry. If it weren't for that, you'd probably be a delinquent in another school right now, bragging about how the number one hero was your father. But thank god for his strict lessons and rules.

You smiled widely at the blonde man infront of you and took his large hand. "I'm okay dad, i'm perfectly fine. This also means i can continue my match and score first place in the festival!"

All Might looked at you and nodded with a closed eye smile. He slightly squeezed your small sized hand, trying not to accidentally crush it.
"I know you'll win. You're the Number One daughter after all."

Standing up and stretching your legs and arms now, you straightened you back and put on a confident smile on your face.

"Well dad, it's time for me to head on out to the waiting room for my next match. I can't be lazing around all day, can i? It's what you taught me after all." You breathed out with a slight of sarcasm at the end.

Your father motioned his hand towards the door in a sign to let you go and you nodded back in return.

You began walking out the door while you could hear your dad yell out your name behind you, making you turn around.

"Remember to smile widely! Win, okay? Show the world you are here!" He waved and afterward threw a thumbs up in the air for you with a booming laugh.

Waving back at the man, you began walking away once again with a huge confidence boost and was ready to win this festival. It was the last thing you would do right now.

You began coming closer and closer to the waiting hallway. You were so close you could hear the whipping sound of Midnight, announcing that the battle before you was over and the next match would begin shorty after.

It was then that you finally noticed a familiar face with the all too recognizable cold eyes. But once you faced those cold eyes, they began to... soften?

"Y/N." Todoroki bluntly stated and gave you a slight nod. You simply smiled back at the boy and began leaning against the other wall, opposite of him.

The awkward tension between the two of you didn't get any better after a weird wind sound passed through the two of you, making you have eye contact with the emo boy.

"I'm..." Started Todoroki, but quickly stopped himself to save the embarrassment. You stared at him for a moment, trying to read his face in anyway. The only thing you saw was that he was pressing his lips together to keep himself shut, but you found it weirdly cute.

And you weren't going to let him not finish that sentence. You smiled at his and put your arms behind your back, leaning a bit forward to show 'innocence'.

"You...?" You started, tilting your head sideways. Small strands of hair fell on your forehead, making the boy break the eye contact and turn his head around in a swift motion.

You hummed slightly, still staring at the boy with a slightly gaped mouth. It was still pretty silent between the two of you until he finally spoke;
"I'm... glad you okay." He choked out, still not daring to make eye contact with you.

Smiling brightly once again, you leaned backwards to the wall and pushed yourself forward to the boy. Your face was not about 3 inches away from him, making him force to look at you now.

"Thank you for caring, Shoto! That was a bit out of character for you though... still, I appreciate it!" You patted his shoulder and turned around back to where you were standing before.

The boy was clearly off guard by you using his first name all of a sudden. And also, by your weird comment about being out of character. Did that mean... you kept a close eye on him?

Todoroki shook of his weird thoughts and noticed his chest feeling all warm and fuzzy. He patted his chest slightly and the warm feeling suddenly passed through his chest towards his throat and stomach.

Was he just stressed?

You noticed him acting all strange all of a sudden and saw his face turning red. Perking up an eyebrow out of concern, you waving your hand over to his way, making him look at you.

"Are you okay? Todoroki?" Spoke your soft voice that danced through Todoroki's ears. The boy never experienced this before. Were you perhaps, cursing him in some way? Were you sabotaging him secretly with your quirk!?

He shook his head wildly and scrunched his nose.
"No. I'm fine. Maybe i'm just a little bit stressed." He sighed out loud and leaning against the wall once again in a relaxing, yet stiff pose.

You hummed once again in response and slowly walked over to him. He gave you a side eye glance, and didn't notice any negative energy coming off of you. He felt safe.

"You know..." you started, grabbing his left arm. You held up his hand flatly infront of you to look at it from a good angle, just so you can see his whole palm perfectly.

Todoroki wad pretty much caught off guard by this and let out a 'huh' in response. He noticed his heart beating fasting and his arms stiffening more and more. He felt like the air was being taken out of his lungs and his feet felt like he was standing on clouds.

"This is a pretty common technique, but if you just create this shape on your palm with your finger..." you continued, drawing a type of 'Y' shape on his palm. Your touch was so soft for him, that he sort of relaxed by it, And began staring at your moving hand in awe.

After you finished creating the non visible shape on his palm, you looked back up at Todoroki, who was still staring at his palm. You put your one hand under his and began pushing it towards his mouth gently.

"Just put your palm against your mouth and swallow." You softly said with kind eyes, and he did just as instructed. After swallowing the non existent shape, he suddenly felt so much more relaxed and stress free. He smiled at you after putting down his hand.

It was silent once again for a moment until Todoroki finally spoke up.

"I know of this technique, you didn't have to teach me about it." He bluntly stated, making you twitch in annoyance and creating a weird atmosphere in the area once again.

"THEN WHY'D YOU LET ME EXPLAIN IT TO YOU!?" You yelled and hit him in the shoulder over and over again.

Todoroki, who had no emotion plastered on his face whatsoever, just stared at you while you were having your little tantrum. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards him, making the two of you hit each other's chests.

A small heartbeat was felt coming up your throat as you stared up at him in shock by the sudden gesture. You were silenced in an instant by this and by his intimidation, you weren't quite sure of what to do now.

"I..." Todoroki struggled to let out, but then looked at you again, with more confidence.

"I liked that you were doing it for me." He shamefully admitted and immediately let go of your wrist, making you walk backwards in response. You still had a shocked expression on you, but quickly shook it away.

"W-well... i guess you're welcome?" You chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of your head.

"Anyway! No hard feeling for the next match, okay? Don't cry when you lose~" you teased him, getting rid of the awkward aroma surrounding you.

"I don't cr-"

"Now! The next match! Shoto Todoroki, versus, Y/N Yagi!" Yelled Midnight out loud, whipping her whip. Cheers could be heard from the stadium and you adrenaline was higher than ever now.

You were ready to win.

.