Chapter 13: Some Reuniting This Is

Start from the beginning

I think he meant it for me to actually leave but I don't. Instead, I stood my ground.

"I'm not planning on leaving just yet. I came because this pack was once my home and I wanted to see my former brothers and sisters. Is that a problem?" There was an edge to my voice, that made him look at me like I was odd.

In all honesty, I felt vigorous, empowered. I also felt smug because he didn't ask me to leave again.

Just as I was pushing past him to eave my old room, I bumped into Logan.

"Em-Emma?" He asked, obviously unaware that I came back.

"Hi." I simply said and brushed passed him. And surprisingly, I didn't feel anything. Any emotion towards him leaving me. And for that I was happy. I went around to find Kyle and um....

"Emma!" It was my "dad."

"Hey... dad." I said, it was weird knowing he wasn't my actual dad.

"Emma. I've missed you so much!" He came to hug and I let him but it wasn't the same.

"Erm, hi. Is everything okay? Is anyone hurt?" I asked hesitantly, not sure if I wanted to know.

"Come on Emma." My dad said, leaving me bewildered. Although I still followed him into the den.

I noticed that there were somber expressions plastered all over my friends faces. They were all quiet. Right away I noticed some people were missing.

"Who's missing?" I asked, keeping my voice in control.

"Three people. Luke, Mike, James, and Jessica." Megan said, her voice breaking when she mentioned her little brother, Mike.

"Were they killed?" I asked, sad that those three are dead.

"Jessica was, Mike and Luke were taken. We lost their trail after that one bulky mountain." It was Nathan now, who looked at me sheepishly.

"Jessica died fighting right?" It was the best way to go, because you were fighting for something you loved.

"Of course. Why, are you happy that she did? So that you could take back Logan?" It was my former best friend, Jasmine, who said the words acidly.

"Calm down, I care because she was my wolf sister. I would care about you too." I said, making her look down to the floor.

I began to walk out to the door when a voice stopped me.

"Where are you going?" It was Logan... Again...

"To get back Mike and Luke." I stated before phasing, and destroying yet another outfit.

"I'm coming." He said, getting ready to phase but I stopped him by snarling at him. I bared my teeth and took a quick step forward, making him take a step backward.

"You can't go alone. It's getting dark out." He said. And I understood. If I went out there, it would be more dangerous.

I huffed but I slowly went inside. I went to my room to change. And when I was dressed in shorts and a pullover sweater, I sat on my windowsill. Like before.

"Emma!" I turned my head around to see Kyle walking up to me with a relieved smile. He hugged me and naturally, I hugged him back.

"Damn I missed my little sister!" He said, pulling back.

"I've missed you too. How are things." I asked, happy to see him again. I noticed that he had a scar running from his jaw bone to his chin but it was vague.

"I mated someone." He said happily.

"Really?! Who!?" I gushed, I never thought he would get a mate. He's not that good with ladies.