Chapter 9- Riding like a Cowgirl

Start from the beginning

Grabbing his shoulders, you brought him down next to you in one fowl swoop. To this he laughed, then he grabbed you and threw you on top of him. He then rolled over and you both were tumbling down a hill. You had your hands around the back of his neck and his were on your lower back. Your heads were resting on each other's shoulders as you rolled and came to a stop.

When you stopped rolling you were on top, and you both were still snickering. Finally, you got him back. It wasn't quite the same, but your goal was to mess with him and you did that. You sat up, straddling him like you had the Shaak. He shook his head and only said one sentence.

"Don't ever do that again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a while of you two just sitting there, Anakin sat up. At first you were sitting with your body's almost touching, but then you heard footsteps. You flung yourself off and landed right beside him. Padme came jogging to the top of the hill, and she was smiling. She walked down, holding her dress front in her arms. Both you and Anakin smiled at her as she came down.

When she got there she asked, "You two have fun?" With a smirk as if she knew something. But there wasn't anything for her to know, right. 

"Yeah." You chuckled out, continuing to smile so big your cheeks hurt. You glanced at Anakin who had propped himself up with his arms, and he was looking right back at you.

Anakin stood up and brushed off his hands, then he reached one out to you. You took it and stood up, also wiping your hands off. You looked at your dress, which surprisingly didn't have any prominent stains on it.

Padme started to walk back up the hill and Anakin followed. He looked back at you while you were looking at you skirt. When you glanced up, he shot his gaze away and walked upwards. You just shrugged and walked with them. 

After a walk back to the blanket in a comfortable silence, everyone picked up the items. Anakin grabbed the basket again, you grabbed the blanket, and Padme was being Padme. She was tucking little flyaway hairs into her fixture. You took out your hair, with the blanket in the other hand, and shook your head a bit. A couple pieces of grass fell out and you ran your hair through it a bit.

Anakin was staring at you with soft eyes when you looked up. But when you smiled at him, he just looked away. 

Weird.

You all started to walk back to the lake house, watching the clouds dance in the sky. You always seemed to forget how much the sky made everything else disappear. If anything was troubling you, the sky would always help with its mysterious ways. The puffs would always float around while the sunbeams trickled through. It was always beautiful.

Still, you kept walking, gazing up whenever you had a chance. And you didn't realize that you were almost at the house, probably because Anakin wasn't asking like last time. He was walking next to Padme and they had occasionally chatted, but nothing lasting for long. When you finally glanced in front of you, the stairs were only a step away. 

You smiled and walked up setting the blanket in a chair and looking over the edge like before. The sun was starting to set, and the sky looked like watercolors. Anakin walked up next to you and just lightly smiled at you. You returned it and leaned up against his arm. He tensed for a second before relaxing more than he had been originally.