Chapter 9- Riding like a Cowgirl

Start from the beginning

Anakin and Padme were talking about something which snapped you out of your thoughts. He said something about democracy and they were almost arguing.

"What if they don't agree?" Padme asked, to something Anakin stated.

"Then someone should make them." He responded with side nod.

"That sound an awful lot like a dictatorship." Padme laughed as she looked away.

"Well, if it works." You blinked and your eyes widened.

Oh, that's not something that you say to a senator. Padme was nice and probably wouldn't say anything. But that's like her main belief, that everyone should have their own voice. 

Anakin just smiled and looked away, he was joking. Hopefully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After some light conversation and explaining of random political topics. Anakin started to smile a weird smile. You looked at him every few seconds to see what was happening, but he gave no indication.

Then he blurted out, "Y/n, do you think you can ride one of those things?" He pointed at a bunch of tan, round creatures.

"The Shaak's?" They were animals that galloped, it would be hard to do.

"Yeah, I bet you can't." He bluntly stated. Oh you couldn't back down now, he knew it.

"Ok, I will." You responded in the same tone.

Then you pulled out your lightsaber from your pocket. Which made Padme and Anakin jump a bit. You smiled, and pulled a hair tie off the end. Anakin snorted.

"That's where you keep those? On the end of a weapon?" He's one to talk, he'd do it too.

"Yep." You quickly tied your hair back, and jumped up. "Bye!" 

You sprinted towards the Shaak's, that were just past the hill. You heard Anakin's footsteps after you and then Padme's. Once you got to the edge of the hill, you crouched and slowed down. You walked behind them, slowly creeping up. There was one about half a foot taller than you at normal height, and you were close on it's tail.

You jumped up, straddling it with your legs and holding on with your arms. It bucked backwards and you almost fell off. But when it came back to the ground, you were still on. You stood up in a surfing position, with your right hand out in front. The Skaak galloped and bumped, throwing you a bit with every movement. But you loved the exhilaration, you always did.

Then it jumped over a bump and you lost your balance. Your feet slipped and you fell off the animal, who ran in a circle. The dress you were wearing flew up a bit, but it had shorts underneath. The Shaak ran right over you, but missed any contact. You rolled onto your stomach as it paraded around.

You heard footsteps running towards you and you felt worry. It was Anakin, you could hear his thoughts.

Oh, no, no, no. This is all my fault.

You had to keep from laughing as he slid down next to you. He rolled you over easily and started at you in shock. You cackled out a pure laugh, at his shocked face. Your head flung forward with laughter and then back to the ground. His breathing slowed even though he was still over you. You had an idea.