꧁ Act Two - Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

Carl left a minute later to go do his daily activities, his hand lingering on Karmas shoulder for a little longer than needed.

"Catch ya later Julian," Carl said with a smile, turning on his heel and walking away. A small queezie feeling erupted in his stomach, one that made him smile. This is gonna take some getting used to.

Asking people to call him Julian instead of Karma was something he had been thinking over for awhile. He's always hated being called Karma. Sure, the names dope as hell, but the backstory behind it isn't the most amazing thing. Julian makes him sound like a normal kid, something he never got to have. A soft hand landed inbetween his shoulder blades,

"Cmon, kid," Rosita said, a tried yet happy look on her face.

Luckily for Karma, Rick is warming up to him quicker than he expected. Meaning, even though Karma can't do his job anymore, he's still giving him another option, one he specializes in.

The community bored had a vote on it, and they all agreed that Karma could help the people of Alexandria use weapons. Most of them could wield a gun, but some needed help with others.

Rick never explained why the lessons were necessary but everyone felt the tension in the air.

A war was coming.

Karma felt it everytime the saviours came for their weekly visit. The way Negan began to snap at the people quicker, and how Rick would loose his temper faster. Negan wasn't going to let this slide.

after about half an hour, there were three groups of people lined up around the three teachers. One lined up to use a machete, taught by rosita. Another one to use guns, taught by Aaron. and a final group, to use knives, taught by Karma.

The three groups started quickly, handing out weapons for everyone to keep, and demonstrating how to use them. Karma demonstrated on some wood blocks to show how deep it can go. He also showed how to cut up certain objects in order to craft new ones, and even safety.

The lessons went by quickly, every day getting shorter and shorter as the people began to learn more and more.

But todays lesson was a bit different. the class went by as normal, but afterwards, as Karma was finishing up, talking quietly to Rosita and Aaron, a soft tap was found on his shoulder. Karma turned around to meet a girl around the same age as him with long brown hair.

"Hey Julian." She said quietly. Karma smiled,

"Hey. You're Enid, right?" He asked. The girl had shown up to a couple of his lessons, though, she seemed to know how to hold her own pretty well.

"yea, sorry if im interrupting something. I was just wondering if pocket knives could work for these lessons as well?" She asked kindly, pulling a red swiss army knife out of her pocket. Karma looked at the knife carefully. It was very worn down, but as Edin pulled thr blades out, theh all seemed to be in decent condition.

"I thjnk they'll work just fine," Karma reponded tapping the knife with his index finger. Enid smiled as she shut it, slipping it back into her pocket.

"Thanks," She responded softly. She opened her mouth again to say somethjng, but cut herself off when a hand found her lower back.

Carl had snuck up on her, wrapping his arms around her middle in a big hug. She giggled quietly, attempting to turn herself around.