Practice Required

"Again!"

Eiji aims at the empty bottle from 15 feet away, aimed, and fired. And once more, he missed. He sighs as Ash shakes his head, looking at Ash.

"I can only shoot up from 10 feet away. Come on that counts as progress for something!"

"Yes but I'm not willing to leave you at 10 feet. You're going to shoot the same distance as I do. 10 feet is too damn close. 25 is easier because there will be stray bullets that might not hit you. Again!"

He aims and fires at the bottle. He was able to hit it finally. Ash smiles as he sighs.

"Good job Eiji. It took you long enough! 4 bullets this time! You're getting better."

Eiji looks at Ash with a tired look on his face.

"Can I take a break now?"

"..Fine. Only 10 minutes. Okay?"

He nods his head as he then sits down and flops over onto his left side as he sighs as he had one eye closed. Ash blinks as he goes in front of him, kneeling in front of him.

"Okay how about twenty?"

"That..sounds better..thank you.."

"Do you want water? I brought mine."

"That..would be nice."

Ash nods his head as he gave him his water bottle as he simply looks at Eiji. He smiles a bit as he is glad of how Eiji has grown, how he was capable of achieving his life goals and that he came back around. He didn't really...expect him to come back around if anything. He thought he was staying in Japan. He sits down next to Eiji as he looks ahead, lost in those thoughts. Eiji looks up at him as he then sits up.

"Ash? Ash are you okay?"

"Hm? Yeah..I..I'm fine."

"..What's on your mind Ash?"

Ash bitterly chuckles as he just knew that Eiji knew him so well. He looks at Eiji as he started to ask his questions.

"..Why did you come back? Didn't you have a better life back in Japan? Or did it get boring?"

"..I came back because of two reasons. New York City is something that you don't see everyday. I like to see it everyday."

"...And the other reason? Pay or something?"

"No..You. I came back for you too."

Ash quickly turned his head to him as he heard those words. He..came back...for him? Why would he do that?

"..Why come back for me? I mean there's many other reasons why to come back! Maybe better pay, you know your co-workers! Why did you come back for me?"

"..Japan didn't have an Ash Lynx. I wanted you around..more..often. I missed you Ash."

Ash looks at Eiji as he had a soft smile. Eiji looks at him as he smiled right back. Ash gently moved his hand as it would have his pinky over his. Eiji sighs as he held his hand. Ash looks at Eiji as he blushes a light pink. Eiji looks at him as he had a light blush as well but then he looked away. Ash smiles at him still. Perhaps his feelings were..finally being returned back to him after all these years. I mean, that's what you get for dating a shy nerd boy that never lived the way that Ash has lived. Nothing is ever a high stake for him. Just low, always has been. Maybe this is the first time for something that has been high stakes for him. Ash opened his mouth to tell him how he feels but he then closed it as he looks over his shoulder seeing Blanca come around.

"..Your senses has gotten sharper Ash."

"Comes with the age. Came around to help Eiji?"

"Yes. Did you get to help? How far can he shoot?"

"10 feet before it's a stray bullet."

"Oh boy, we have work to do don't we?"

"He's a police officier Blanca. Do you really expect him to shoot well?"

"Then..He better get up! He'll need a lot more practice than what he has right now!"

"Well..You heard him Eiji. We'll pick up on the conversation later okay?"

"..I..Okay."

Eiji gets up as he starts to mentally prepare himself for what Blanca has to offer him.