[ 43 ]

With hurried steps, Aine and her friends quickly fled from Umbridge's office to find their two other friends who had accompanied their Headmistress to meet Dumbledore's 'secret weapon'.

"So... What's the weapon?" Neville asks casually. What could be their former Headmaster's secret weapon? Or rather, why would Dumbledore need any weapon when he's powerful enough to be a weapon?

"I honestly haven't got a clue, Nev..." Aine replied, she wasn't even sure where to go. She was looking at the back of Ron's red locks, the ends curling funnily and she stifled a laugh. "Where are we going, Ronald?" she inquired, following her friend's lead.

"I think I have a feeling where Harry and Hermione are, but I can't be sure!" Ron replied, cringing at the thought of it.

"At least it's worth a try!" Ginny stated, taking her brother's side without question and for once, she wasn't trying to doubt him which was a surprise. Even her brother was shocked, he had to turn around to make sure it was his little sister who had spoken to double-check his ears weren't playing tricks with him. Of course, Ginny had rolled her eyes when she finally learn the meaning of her words. She brushed it off this one time.

They had reached the Wooden Bridge before knowing, "Harry, Hermione and I once went to visit Hagrid's brother in the Forbidden Forest," Ron said, he gave a hesitant pause, realizing that Draco was with them. He met the Slytherin boy's eyes and went awkward, wondering if he should continue. He sighed, deciding to risk it since Draco did save him just now. "It's just a gut feeling, but I just think that's where they took Umbridge. I could be wrong—"

"I doubt that," said Luna dreamily, her eyes lingering ahead at the two familiar figures who jogged up to them. Umbridge was nowhere to be found and the students could only wonder what happened to her, or rather, where on Earth did their two Gryffindor friends lead her to? Nevertheless, Umbridge was the least of their concerns right now, she was gone and that's what matters.

Hermione engulfed Aine in a hug, taking a good look at the girl. She frowns a little when she recalled the event of earlier when Umbridge had strangled her. Aine caught the worried look on the older girl, "I'm fine, Mione," she reassures before the brunette could say anything. She then faces the rest of the group.

"How'd you get away?" Hermione asks, scanning each of them to see if they were hurt.

"Malfoy started a fight out of nowhere and the next thing we knew, those annoying members of the Inquisitorial squad lost to us!" Ginny enlightens, casting a glance at Draco who stood at the back next to Aine. He was sticking out like a sore thumb in the group, even though he knew that. He wasn't even sure why he was following in the first place since all he ever wanted was to make sure Aine was safe, which she was now.

"It wasn't pretty," Ron added with a smirk, handing his friends their wands that he had stolen back from Umbridge's office. "You should have seen the madness that unravelled. It was hilarious!"

"It was brilliant!" Neville burst in, the excitement still in his system.

Harry met Draco's eyes, his lips pursed together before the words itched to get out of his mouth. "Thanks," he said to him. The feeling was foreign, he never imagined he would be thanking his nemesis for saving his friends' lives.

Draco shared the same reaction, it wouldn't be a lie to say that he was uncomfortable. "Don't mention it," he replied shortly after and Aine chuckles at the two boys. She could see the awkwardness oozing out of them both. 

Noticing the two boy's uneasy gaze from everyones' stares, Neville spoke again to break the mood. "So how are we getting to London?" Reminding the group that Sirius still needs to be saved. All eyes turned to Harry and Aine raises a brow for him to go on.