Chapter 1: Caught

I ran with my life. I needed to escape. Running into the woods, I panicked not knowing where to hide.

"I'm so sorry baby."

I sobbed from knowing my baby is in danger and distress. I was running with my full strength but it wasn't as fast from carrying my baby's weight and wearing extremely tight pants. I started getting cramps but had to ignore it. I couldn't stop at a situation like this. I clutched my belly with tears streaming down my face.

I hid behind a boulder in the forest trying to catch my breath. I saw the gang pass by screaming and shouting which way I might have gone. I sighed when they passed far away. Cramps increased making me worry. I rubbed my belly anxiously. I stood up and ran the opposite direction. Someone grabbed me from behind. I turned and saw one of the gang members holding my arm. I panicked.

"Let me go!"

I whacked him but it didn't seem to hurt him. I was sobbing from knowing the truth that all hope was gone. I cried while still trying to make him let go of me.

"Stop! Listen, alright?"

The man started to speak.

"Stop, just for a second."

He shook me and pleaded for me to stop. I stopped moving from being scared of what he might do to me if I didn't stop. My lip quivered in fear. I saw him look down at my belly and back up at me.

"W-What are you going to do with m-me? Please just don't hurt my baby."

The man looked around and started to speak.

"Follow me."

I was terrified. He dragged me with force that I couldn't beat. I had no clue what he was going to do with me. All the way, I tried to break from his grip but found out it was useless.