Ven's jaw clenched and even hug me tighter. "Prepare the car. The Batangas Vacation is postponed. We will be heading to my mother's province..." his mad voice echoed in the room.

"Copy, Master."

"Shaddai.. tell our men to kill everyone outside... No one hurts or make my wife cry..." he was about to carry me when I stop him.

"I can walk but Mariel can't.. bring her to the hospital first, please.." I whispered on his ear.

"Don't worry.. Shaddai will take her."

Hindi ko alam kung saan kami pupunta pero alam kong pupunta kami sa probinsiya. Ven said we will hide there for a month or so. Ayaw niya raw akong ma-involve sa problema niya. He wants me safe in his arms. Well, he should be. I trust him.

"Are you calm now?" he worriedly asked.

"Yes.." I sounded like a kid telling her father that someone made her cry. But I don't care if I sound like it.

"Sleep for a bit.. I'll wake you up when we arrive." aniya.

I nodded and close my eyes. Hindi ko alam kung saan ko nakuha ang pagod sa katawan pero unti-unti akong hinila ng antok.

A classical music wake me up from my horrible dream. The horrible dream is about the scene where my mother lost her life. It was scary, and sad. Maybe I dreamed of it again because of the scene I saw in my room. It triggered me that much, huh?

My forehead creased when I noticed that Ven is not inside the car. I decided to got out of the car to look for him. But I was surprise when a perya-like place greeted me. Wow, where am I? The air smells clean and refreshing. Not polluted.

Wait.. am I already in the province? Ito ba ang probinsiya? I can't believe it looks like this. Calm. Far away from everything. I like it here...

"I'm sorry I did not wake you up. I don't want to disturb you since you were sleeping soundly." he said and kissed my cheeks.

"Nakapagbihis ka.. na?" takang tanong ko. Where did he get those clothes? I remembered he did not bring one but only mine. The clothes that he packed for me on the other day is useful.

"Yes.."

"Where did you get-"

"Iho, naku, nandiyan ka lang pala. Nasaan na ba ang asawa mo?" an old woman pinch Ven's waist and glared at him. "Aba'y jino-joke mo lang ba ako?"

"Hindi po, 'la. Nasa gilid ko po ang asawa ko." I was amazed when Ven's voice is so full of respect! It was like he is a different person..

"Ha? Saan?"

"Uh, here po. Nandito po ako.. lola." I made myself visible to her eyes and then I smiled.

"Ay nandiyan ka pala, iha. Naku! Akala ko kasi ay hindi mataas ang height ng asawa ni Ey-ey. Ang taas mo pala, iha." puri niya saka hinawakan ang magkabila kong kamay at pinisil-pisil.

"Ey-ey?" I tilt my head to Ven, confusion is written in my face.

"Oo. Ey-ey ang palayaw namin sa batang 'yan. Ano ba ang tawag mo sa kaniya, iha?"

"Uh.. ano po.. Ven po." I blinked and bit my lip to contain my laugh. Ey-ey? Oh my god. That.. that is so cool.

Ven raised his brows to me and the he smiled at Lola. "Lola naman. Ang bantot nga ng Ey-ey. Zeji na nga lang po. Zeji." he held Lola's hands and softly pulled her away from me.

"Tara na po. Baka ano pa ang sasabihin niyo sa asawa ko." ngumiti siya sa matanda.

"O siya, tara na. Baka maging black rays ang sinaing ko sa bahay." nakapameywang na sabi ng matanda. "Maiwan ko muna kayo, ha? Alam mo naman ang daan, 'di ba, Ey-ey?"

"Yes po."

The old woman left leaving me alone with Ven who is seriously looking at me.

"I know you want to laugh so let it out.." he said in low voice. "Hindi naman masakit na tinatawan mo ako. It's like a sting of a bee only..."

I stared at him and shook my head. "I am not laughing at you! You are so judgemental.." I defended.

"Lawyers are judgemental, Malysh, and that's you." he massage the bridge of his nose and sigh. "Come here. Let's go na. You don't want to be wet because of the coming rain, are you?"

The small house of Lola Matilda is a definition of a home sweet home. Its ambiance is nice. Far from the mansion I used to live.

"Malysh, go change your clothes. I'll be waiting for you outside, hmm?"

"Oh, okay." I was about to close the door when he block it so he could speak to me.

"Your panties and brassiere are in the left side, incase you don't know where I put it-"

I closed the door infront of his face and shouted. "Oo na! Oh my god... You are so embarrassing, you punk!"

What's with this guy?! Nakakahiya siya! What if Lola Matilda heard it? What will she think- right.. she'll be thinking that we already did it several times because we are already married. Ah, gross!

But what happen just now made me forget about what happen this morning. The blood. The guy. Everything. It just vanished.. I wonder if it's because I'm here in the province or because of Ven itself.

Which one?

_ Clarus Ire