07

When I was younger, me, Mamá and Papá would always watch movies together. The genre that we always pick are fantasy and historical movies. But there is this one time that Mamá picked an action movie. It was about a man who is a gangster and woman who is a public teacher. The two of them are lovers. The ganster is skilled and smart, as a result, he had too many enemies. They targeted the woman and abducted her. She was chained in a pillar and was tortured.

And as an innocent child. I, then, asked Mamá what is the feeling of being abducted.

"I don't know, my love. We won't know unless we are the one who is abducted.." she said and smiled at me softly. I would just nod and pout innocently, my own question is still lingering in my mind.

But in my present situation.. I could answer it now. All I could say is.. it feels suffocating.

It has been a day eversince I was abducted. They did not abused nor tortured me but I was caged in this gigantic room. It still feel suffocating. Hinahatiran na lamang ako ng pagkain and that's it.

I still did not change my clothes because I haven't seen one. Maybe that guy forgot to know that I am a human that needs clothes for her living?

Kinagat ko ang labi at sinubukang hampasin uli ang bintanang hindi ko alam kung mas matigas pa ba ito kaysa sa ulo ko. It's been an hour and I still can't find a way to escape. My reason to escape? I want to go to school, go and see Rai and make her comb my hair, go home even though there is a duckling monster in the house, tease my little sister and lastly, para makita si Papá. Yes, my reason is too lame but what can I do if this is the only thing that I wanted to do?

I admit I am afraid to die. Everyone does. Who wouldn't, right? Hindi na siguro ako matatakot mamatay kung nagawa ko na ang minimithi ko. Like the attention and love from my father.

"Madam? Ano po ang ginagawa mo?"

"Holy Fu- Fries!" I said, nervously. I turned around and smiled blankly. Do they know the word 'knock?' Mas malala pa siya ni Rosa, 'e.

Bumaba ang tingin niya sa hawak ko na lampshade at sumulyap sa bintana.

"Mas matigas pa po iyan kaysa sa kahoy." she smiled and walk towards me. Kinuha niya sa akin ang lampshade saka nilagay sa katabing mesa. "Pinapapunta po kayo ni Master Zeji sa pool area. Gusto raw niya kayong makasama sa almusal."

I walk towards my own bed and sit there. I don't feel like eating with him. Besides, their food is very Spanish and Russian like. Wala bang normal?

"Tell him that I don't want to go."

I'm afraid of him, okay? Baka ako pa ang gawing almusal niya. He's scary for christ sake.

He's also my kidnapper so he should act like one.

Her smiling face faded and was change into a nervous one. She look like she's scared.

"Madam.. please po.. pumunta na lang po kayo. Ayaw ko pa pong mamatay." nanginginig na sabi niya.

Kumunot ang noo ko. "Ayaw mo pang mamatay? What do you mean?"

"Kasi po.." lumunok siya. "'Yong isa naming kasamahan kahapon na naghatid sa inyo ng hapunan.. 'di ba po hindi niyo kinain ang dala niya at pinalabas siya?"

I nodded.

"Pinatay po siya ni Master Zeji.. Pinagahasa niya po muna sa mga tauhan niya saka po pinatay."

My lips parted. God knows how I feel even more scared of him now. Kinikilabutan ako. He killed her? Let his men raped her? Jesus Christ. Now I don't even want to go to the pool area. But seeing the face of the poor maid infront of me trembling... I decided to go.