01

I would always dream that someday... my father would treat me as his own again. Because my heart is slowly sinking, drowning.

I have so many 'what if's' in my mind.

What if I am the one who died? What if I kill myself now? Will my father be happy? Will he cry?

Ginulo ko ang buhok at lumabas na sa kwarto. Carmina might be angry again if she don't see me doing the chores in the mansion. Nadaanan ko sa hallway si Manang na may dalang tray ng tsaa. I'm sure she is going to give that to Carmina. Father likes coffee, 'e.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. She's used seeing me this early to do the chores and stuffs even though I shouldn't do it because I'm one of the mistress in this house.

I was like the 2nd version of Cinderella.

"Nalinisan mo na ba lahat?" agad na bungad niya sa akin.

I pursed my lips and nodded. She sounded like the evil stepmother of Cinderella. I wanted to laugh at that thought but just shrugged it off so she won't start a long historical speech with me. Masakit sa tainga.

"Class Dismissed!"

I stood up and went outside together with my thinks. I called Rai so we could have lunch together. She is vacant today, finally.

"Pupunta ka ba ngayong gabi?" she ate the last piece of the french fries in my plate and sip on her starbucks.

I piled my books in the table and turned my gaze to her. "Why? Anong meron?"

I grab a hair tie in my bag and gave it to her so she could tie my hair. She smiled and put her starbucks aside.

"May party raw na gaganapin sa mansion ng mga Velasco. I'm sure it's all about business and business which is boring.." sabi niya at maya-maya ay pumalakpak. "Ang ganda talaga ng tsokolate mong buhok! Now I'm jealous.." she make a cute sound and giggled like a kid.

I thanked her and stood up to get ready for my next subject. It's still early but I don't want to be late. I believe in the phrase, 'Early is on time, on time is late and late is  unacceptable!'

"Hindi ko alam. Carmina didn't tell me... but I'm sure there is already a gown and a makeup artists waiting for me in my bedroom."

I started walking fastly while Rai is trying to catch my speed. Nang maabot niya ako ay ngumuso siya at sumimangot.

"Sama ako please... Carmina won't be angry right?" her voice is full of hope.

I smirked. "Of course she won't. She wants Marcus to be engage to your older sister. Gusto niyang magpabango sa pamilya niyo."

Rai and I separated so we could go to our next class. The professor is late, which made me thankful, kaya I have much plenty of time to proofread my report.

It was 5 in the afternoon when Rai and I went home together. And just as I thought, may makeup artists at gown na nga ang naghihintay sa akin sa kwarto. Madali lang din naman kaming inayusan dahil..

"You don't look like a chaka doll kasi ma'am. Hindi po kayo made in china. Halatang imported!" sabay hagikhik nito.

7 pm na nang gumayak na kami. Sinundo na si Rai sa pamilya niya at pumunta na sa party. Kasama ko sa isang sasakyan si Criselda. She keeps on laughing like a dying pig. She is bullying her suitors again. Pointing out their flaws and such.

When we arrived, Criselda immediately jumped out and giggled like a kid, telling me that their mansion is heavenly. The mansion is big and classy. It is also big like ours. Well.. they are Velasco's afterall. Next to their surname is rich.. and haughty.