I just wish

It's 11:07pm. I'm meant to be asleep but words are keeping me awake. I've tried to get to sleep but I can't. When you barely talk to anyone for a few hours, you take the time to realise that you're alone. Those people who complain about what they can't do any me. I'm tied down with problems I can't solve until 18. And the years before that will be full of regret of what I would've liked to do.

I don't think I stress this enough. When you look at someone, don't just automatically pass them off. This person might have a ton in common with you. And next time you see your friends, ask them if they're ok or actually talk to them. There's this girl who I'm just going to call Light and I never thought I'd share anything with her. Now she's the only person who can cheer me up when I'm seriously down. She makes me promise not to cut anymore and I'll admit, it's nice for someone to worry about me for once instead of vice versa.

If you ask anyone who knows me and ask them what I want to be, they'll automatically say an author or a scientist. It just shows how much people know about me. Those are just side jobs. All I ask is just five minutes of consideration. Me? I'm not an easy person to talk to. I've been screwed over so many times that I started to see people as unreliable and annoying. So conversation with me is murder. But if I really, truly let you in, then you'll see a different part of me. Light is a person I utterly trust. She's the only one to read my diary. If your friends aren't like that, then you need better ones who'll actually look out for you. Maybe I'm writing this for myself. I don't know.

-River