𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭

Start from the beginning

↢ ❦ ↣

Everywhere I go bring the beatbox.

"Boom, chicka-boom, chicka-chicka Boom-boom, chicka-boom, chicka-boom" Lip syncing to one of my favorite songs with the earphones booming through my ears, I walked under the yellow shabby dim light shining above, barely giving any light to even see if I stepped on a pebble.

The streets are dead silent and no one was there, not even a single car passed through here for sometime. Which got me thinking, how busy people might be in their daily basis and coming home late at night exhausted only for the tiredness to go away after seeing their family. Forgetting every worry in the world and just enjoying being in each others company at home. It must be so heart warming to see their family members and spend time together with joy.

Unlike me who happens to be the 'out source' of my own father and his backup option to do his junk. I swear I get a god awful migraine and end up being sick for the next few days YET I have to finish every single one of them regardless of my condition. About family? Well no, according to my father I wasn't meant to BE, but my mom said I was. Unfortunately she isn't here anymore. Either way it's alright though. I'm here happy and healthy and that's what matters.

"Everywhere I go bring the beatbox" taking advantage of being the only one in the area, I unplugged my earphones and let the song play out in the quiet space and started to dance a little. A smile arose on my face enjoying the moment. You know the saying,enjoy the little things. I go by that quote alot, specially when sh!t goes haywire at home. Completely drowned to the music I was dancing along the song enjoying the feeling.

Unknowingly I got distracted twirling and dancing, that I had moved along to the edge of the sidewalk. Soon comes the end chorus and I kept on dancing waiting for the song to end; when my foot slipped and felt my body going down. I quickly shut my eyes waiting for the hard impact to hit but,it didn't happen. All I felt was that I was tilted to the side and someone had grabbed my arm.

I peeled open my eyes with curiosity to see a guy holding me up from my forearm and pulled me back up after meeting my eyes. I was met with a tall figure standing right infront of me. Observing his attire,he looked around my age. He looked pretty good honestly. His light pink lips,his dark brown eyes and a cute nose. His smooth hair waved at the light gust of wind hanging above eye level. Overall,the stranger that saved me from getting a gashes from the fall-was indeed good looking.

"Better watch where you're going sweetheart" My eyes furrowed at the nickname. It is quite normal to be called random names like that but, the tone he used said other wise. I stepped away from him while dusting off the sleve of my hoodie of anything he had on me and turned away.

"Your going the wrong way sweetie" He called back from behind making me walk back to the right direction in embarassment. I felt his eyes on me the whole time I was walking away from there.

I quicken my pace to get out of his sight as soon as I can without looking back. After sometime I huffed a breath of relief and kept going without another thought.

↢ ❦ ↣

"Thank you" I bid the shop owner and stepped out to retreat back home. I took out the contains of my pocket and put them inside my grocery bag before leaving.

Few minutes later I came by the same place I recently interacted with some stranger. But what got me thinking was how was he there? I was the only one there at that moment. Maybe I didn't see him when he was coming by.

I stopped my feet to get my phone and earbuds from the grocery bag when I noticed my earphones weren't there. "Where is it?" I skimmed through the red cans to find it but couldn't.

Out of no where, a hand reached out from my side with my light blue earphones wrapped in a circle. I turned back to look who found them and it so just happens to be that 'someone'. I tried grabbing them from his palm but he pulled back his hand. An irritated sigh left my mouth of how akward this situation is. Once again I tried to take my belonging when he dangled them right above my head. Nevertheless how many times I tried, he was way quicker and kept on mocking me.

I heard a small chuckle from him when I jumped on my tippy toes to get them. As if an instinct,my eyes glared at his bored ones.

"Are you seriously entertained by playing some stupid trick like this?" I said giving up my patience and spat at him. " hmm I don't know myself, guess its a little amusing for me to see a young child" He replied back with a smug smile.

"Who are you calling a baby huh? I might be the same age as you!" I spoke back at his remark to which he scoffed. "There is no way for you to be the same age as me darling" he said lowering his voice and came closer to my face. We where both face to face with just few inches separating us as I felt his breath fanning over my face.

I gulped trying push down the knot in my throat and regained my composure. "Just give my earphones back already" I asked "And what if I don't?" He straighten his posture "What do you want from me huh?" I whined at this point.

"Theres nothing you can give me...except one thing..." He said making my mind drift off into many different ideas of what he's trying to say. I looked away feeling a little scared when his next words made me snap my head at him.

"Whats your blood type?" He asked with an unbothered expression.

"My blood type?" I questioned to make sure I heard him right and he gave a simple nod "Why would you want my blood type?" I asked once more " Do you want these or not?" Hequestioned showing me my favorite bubble blue earphones.

I sighed noticably at how strange this is and came up with a quick insult to irritate him now " Ahjussi, are you trying to seduce me or something? Cause its definitely not working and you really need to update your pick up lines if you want a girlfriend" and as expected,that smug look on his face dropped and was replaced with a shook expression.

"What did you just call me?" He said being more startled at my words. "I addressed you the way you are to be respected as" I took steps closer to his face "And that is AH JU SSI" take that you werido.

"Why would you call me that?" He questioned "Because,theres only one reason for you to ask my blood type" I said squinting my eyes at him "And that is...."

To be continued🌃

Published: 10/09/22
Re-edited: 31/07/23