Chapter 7: Operation Save Mirabel

A/n: this whole chapter will be a triggering chapter. Please read with caution. Also please take care of yourselves and if you need help please reach out to friends or family or even call or text the suicide hotline. But I hope you all are enjoying the book so far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stare at my plate throughout breakfast and try and hide my lack of eating, meanwhile I am mentally planning what I am gonna do after breakfast. Though I do feel Luisa and Camilo staring at me.

    Camilo's POV
I pull Dolores and Bruno aside after breakfast, and whisper, "We need to talk about..." "Mirabel," I hear another voice state and look to see Isabela and Luisa had joined our small group.

"I guess you three have noticed Mirabel acting weird too?" Luisa states, then Dolores quickly states, "Let's go talk in my room." We all nod and follow her up to her room.

As soon as she closes the door, I blurt out, "Did anyone else notice how Mira wasn't eating during breakfast? It also looked as though she was plotting something during breakfast too."

All the sudden we hear knocking, Dolores responds, "Enter." Surprising us all Mira walks in, "Uh I didn't realize you all were in here, well I um made you all something." She hands each of us a bracelet that is handmade with our names on it, each are in our favorite colors, I see that she is wearing one too. Although what she says next and how she says it worries us all, "Always remember that I love you all no matter what happens." She then leaves the room.

It was almost as if she were saying goodbye, I see the rest notice it as well. I look at Bruno who is in the midst of a vision, when he comes out of it he responds in a panic,  "Mirabel is gonna kill herself. We need to get to her NOW." We all go pale as we quickly dart out of the room to find Mirabel.

   Mirabel's POV
After exiting Dolores' room I go in my bathroom and grab a blade and my sleeping pills, I had put my suicide notes to everyone on my desk, I manage to sneak out and into the forest without running into anyone. Although, I know they will most likely be looking for me soon, especially after the whole bracelet thing I am sure Bruno would of had a vision by now and told the rest. Though I am hoping by the time I am found it will be too late. I get to the spot and sit by the river where Abuelo died, I start to softly cry and as I do so it starts to rain on me. I sigh and focus on slicing my arms up.

     Dolores' POV
We had just left Mira's room after finding the letters, we told Abuela and the others, except Antonio. We all split up trying to find Mira before she can do anything, using my super hearing I listen and hear faint crying coming from the river,  I tell Abuela and we run there as fast as possible. Luckily we get to her right before she can down the bottle of pills she is currently trying to open, Abuela runs to her throwing the bottle away from her before hugging her tightly. We both see how weak she looks, Abuela turns to me with a quick, "Go get Luisa."

I run back through the forest bumping into Luisa, Camilo, and Isabela all I can manage to say is, "Mira, Abuela, river." They quickly follow me back to where Abuela is holding a semi-conscious Mirabel, Luisa quickly takes Mira into her arms and we all run back to Casita. Luckily we get her back in time to feed her Tia's cooking, while we are getting her healed Camilo runs up stairs and gets rid of all Mirabel's blades, then hides any other sharp objects she can use to cut with.