Why Would You Bring A Mace To A Gun Fight?

"Ow ow ow!"

Jaune complained as Belle dragged him by his war in an empty room, Jeanne following meekly as she watched her sister reprimand this 'Jaune' fellow. She found it quite strange that her sister would want to pair her to someone with a similar name and look to her twin brother, "Sister who is he? This.... Stranger, I don't quite believe that we have been acquainted." Jeanne said before giving Jaune a curtsy bow, "My name is Jeannette Arc, the 7th child of the noble Arc household. Though you may call me Jeanne if you would like, a friend of my sister is a friend of mine." She introduced herself with a smile.

Jaune glanced at Belle only to find her slightly grimacing, "Jeanne about that. Um.... How should I put this.... Uh...?" Belle stammered, Both Jaune and Jeanne waited for her to continue, "Well you see.... Uh yeah ...." She continued to stammer, Jaune having non of the patience to wait anymore cut her off, "Apparently were related somehow." Jaune said plainly at Jeanne who raised a brow in suspecion, clenching her fist trying to process what he just said, "... Is this a joke?" She said her voice slightly shaking.

Belle said nothing at first, only glaring slightly at Jaune with his offhanded admission. "We'll talk about this later for now, he has a duel to fight." She said to Jeanne as she yanked Jaune towards the dressing room to change. Outside however, Jeanne asked Belle questions about Jaune. "Are you sure he'll win?, If he is who you claim he is. Then you know that it's impossible," she told Belle who stayed silent leaning her back on the wall, arms crossed and eyes closed.

"Where did you even find this person anyway sister?, After all it is unlike you to bring someone home. Especially without notifying mother and father first alongside our other siblings." Jeanne spoke once more now her eyes looked at her sister with a curious gaze, Belle said nothing and maintained her pose which irritated Jeanne further than she already is. "Answer sister, what is going inside that mind of yours? Is it criminal for me to know what is that your planning?..." She asked her sister again and waited for a few moments.

Knowing she won't answer Jeanne sighed in defeat, "... I see if you will not tell me anything I see no point of being here, please do excuse me sister but I must take my leave." Jeanne said and started to walk away, but before she could Belle stopped her. "Wait!" She called out to her younger sister causing Jeanne to turn around and face her, "yes?" Jeanne asked her.

"... I... I just... " Belle stammered looking at the ground, "You just what?" Jeanne asked but before Belle could answer again Jaune walked out the changing room stretching his back and shoulders and popping a few joints. "Ahh that's better, so what's next?" He turn to look at them and noticed their expression, "What happened here?." He asked them, "Nothing, now follow me or we'll be late to your duel" Belle said walking past the both of them.

Jaune turned to Jeanne "What's up with her?" Only for Jeanne to shrug at his question and followed her sister, shaking his head and letting out a sigh "Well that was rude." He said before following them, after a few minutes of walking in the hallways in silence they finally arrived at the mansions arena. Filled to brim of guests wishing to spectate the duel.

Belle instructed Jaune to go walk through the arena entrance, while she and Jeanne went up to the judges podium where their parents are waiting for them. "Belle what is this madness?!" Their father asked them. Belle said nothing and walked towards the podium edge, clearing her throat.

"The terms of the duel is simple!, First one to yeild or get knocked out loses And since this duel is unorthodox, there will be a set of rules to make sure nobody gets injured or wounded fatally..." As she continued to announce the set of rules the nobility watching on the stands muttered to themselves, "... As amusing as lady Belle's guest was, I am afraid that he would lose. Since I doubt a commoner could win against someone with the Goddesses blessing..." One of the spectators said.