9- Interviews (5)

Present Mic's POV

I was nearly late! I rushed outside to see a pissed Mirko and Ms. Joke. It seemed I was wrong. I wasn't nearly late, I WAS late.

"Gomen-nasai! I forgot I had to go on this mission." I shouted. Which gave me a rather strong finger flick by Mirko.
"That's what you get for making me wait this long. My ears were freezing! Let's go!" she seemed pissed at me.

We took a bus to go to St. Hanami as the files told us to. We soon arrived to the place, where it was colder than ever. We went to the kids' orphanage to double-check that they left. The files said they were around 10 and in ragged clothing. We pushed through the people and arrived in the garbage dump. Are they sure this is the place where kids live?

"Mic, look over there. I'm pretty sure it's them."

I turned my head to see kids going through the trash. Red haired siblings and a light blue haired 12-ish boy, they seemed identical to the information we searched. The red haired siblings were an older brother that looked around 12~13, while the younger sister looked around 6. I forgot what their names were -I mean, who reads those files anyway? It's like homework; they tell you to read it, but do any of you really read it? Maybe Shota would...

They revealed the pile of trash to be a home for kittens. Shota would've loved to see this. I could now see why they assigned us to this job. We were GREAT with kids.

"Hey! What you doing? Are those kittens? They're adorable!" Joke practically shouted.

Instead of smiling like normal kids, they looked really nervous. The red haired older brother whispered something to the light blue haired girl. The older brother whispered something to his sister, to which she shook her head.

We stood there awkwardly, thinking of what to say. Beside me, Mirko stepped up to the kids.

"Hey guys, do you wanna play tag?" Mirko said in her usual cheerful voice.

The younger sister looked at Mirko brightly, but the older brother suddenly screamed, "Now!". And they started running. The younger sister kept looking back, causing her to fall. The brother didn't seem to notice and the two boys ran away. We went to the young girl to help her up but all we heard was, "I'm not a guy."

Did she mean when Mirko said 'Hey guys?'. I laughed, which also made Joke laugh. Mirko apologized for her mistakes while holding back laughter. Though those two boys were cold, the girl was very nice. We chatted for a while in the cold day in the middle of piles of trash, wondering when the boys would come. *Spoiler: They didn't

The girl's name was Kaori Tsutsumi. She was 5 years old, and had a quirk that made her sensitive to smell. She said that Mirko and Joke smelled like flowers, while I smelled like hair gel. Which made Joke and Mirko laugh a lot. I gave her my coat, which was way bigger than her, and we decided to keep her at UA. We didn't think she would give us much information, so we decided not to ask her anything. She reminded me of Eri, so we decided to introduce her to Eri.

Keigo's POV

"Hey! You're the new kid, right? Doyouneedhelponanything?Aren'ttheworkersreallystrict?Oh,bythewaywhat'syourname?Youlookaroundmyage.Whatareyougoodat?What'syourqui-" I was stopped by the rough hands of the new kid.

"No. No. Don't ask. I am. Nothing. Fire." he answered, wanting to get it over with.

Touya was the first person to be able to hear my questions and answer them. Many people said that I spoke 'too fast'.

I walked around him in circles as I introduced him around the training area, dorms, meeting room, changing room, bathrooms, etc. While introducing him to the places, I explained the way Hero Commission trained us.

"You probably know this, but the Commission trains us separately. The Order Team is like the brains of the commission while the Action Team is more like the hands or feet of the commission. So we like to call them the Brains and Hands. Right now, you're in the Action Team training area. There are 2 basic rules here;
One, Do not leave the area you are assigned to without permission.
Two, Never disobey security, trainers, or any other workers here." I talked on and on about this place I called home.

That was how we met. And for the next few years, it was like heaven that I never experienced before. I saw him at the Training area, which meant he chose Action Team. After a few years with Touya, the cruel ways of the HC started to look like a joke, and the second rule I mentioned... well, we kind of ignored it. Detention was given on a daily basis. And we 'graduated' early.

Everything was going fine, until the fight. Villains were attacking, and the HC needed to protect the civilians, since it was SO hard for heroes to come. Thousands of lives were in our hands. We protected those thousands of lives, but lost hundreds of ours. Including Touya.

.

.

.

.

Hawks' POV

I woke up with a start. It was all a dream. But that didn't mean it wasn't real. Touya was alive. Not in the best condition, but alive. He was a whole different person, with piercings and scars, and a new name, Dabi.

A/N 

I'm writing this at 1 AM, so there might be a lot of mistakes. Hope you liked it anyway!