Ignore Me Challenge

Start from the beginning

Future dates for Dream:

The brunette wrote, smiling with joy.

-New restaurant down the corner

-Beach at night

-Slumber party

-Guitar lessons

And so on, by the end of the hour, Wilbur had done fifty date plans. He stood up and almost spilled his coca before stretching flexuously. He itched to check his phone but he resisted, getting his guitar instead. For the rest of day, that's how it went, occasionally going to fetch a snack or some water. Finally, night fell upon Wilbur and he happily went to bed. After a restless night, Wilbur awoke and got dressed in his favorite hoodie and beanie. He unlocked the microwave and searched the house for an hour before finding his keys and started his car. Wilbur drove for three hours to Dream's house but when he reached, he found it empty.

"Dream?" He asked tentatively. Wilbur knocked on the door but no one answered so he left sadly. He was walking down the doorsteps when he received a call:

"Wilbur? Is this Wilbur? Hello?" Sapnap asked through the phone. He sounded angry and sad.

"Huh, yeah? What do you need?" Wilbur replied curiously.

"Wilbur come to the Merin Hospitals."

"What? Why?"

"Dream."

That's all Wilbur took to start his car, type in his GPS 'Merin Hospitals' and speed off. When he reached the hospital, he grabbed his keys and parked in the nearest slot and ran into the hospital. Sapnap was waiting by the door for him.

"Sapnap? What's going on?" Wilbur asked.

Sapnap looked at Wilbur with somber eyes. He flicked his in one direction and started walking, his hands signaling Wilbur to follow him. The brunette obeyed. The duo reached steep stairs and climbed up them in silence.

"Sap?" Wilbur asked again. No response.

Finally, they reached a room where nurses stood outside, bowing their heads respectfully. There was a faint crying noise from inside. One nurse looked at Sapnap and Wilbur sadly and let them inside without a question asked. George was sobbing on the floor, his head buried in his arms. Sapnap dropped onto the floor and even though no tears were let out, Wilbur knew he was in pain. Only then, Wilbur noticed something in the room Something that would scar his life for ever.

Dream, the blonde with white and green streaks in his hair, a smiley mask always a few inches away from his face, emerald shining green eyes and a huge grin playing on his faint pink lips. Green hoodie covering his beautiful body, and sword hanging against his hips, light blue jeans up to his waist and black combat boots, only now in a blue dressing gown, no combat boots, sword nowhere to be seen, emerald green eyes closed and a mouth shaped into a faint smile. His smiley mask was on his chest. 

And that's when the realization hit.

He wasn't breathing.

It seemed as though everything stopped. The clock stopped ticking, the birds stopped chirping, the machines stopped buzzing, everything was in slow-mo. Wilbur sucked one great gasp after another, salty tears came pouring out and he ran to Dream's bed and started crying.

No, no, NO! What about all those promises Dream made? All those dates Wilbur planned? 

Gone.

Sapnap scooted next to him with sympathetic eyes. "Here." He said, holding a note. "Dream said on his deathbed he wanted to give you this." He coughed and placed the note in Wilbur's hand.

Wilbur took the note and opened it, inside was Dream's handwriting.

Hey honey,

Congrats! You won the challenge! Now do this same challenge every day <3

No phone calls no texts no meet ups...

I love you always and forever.

-Dream

The note was tear stained and Wilbur hugged it closely, taking Dream's hand and squeezing it, crying his heart out on it.

For nothing will ever be the same again.

--

Cord count- 1158

Hiya pods!

I hope you enjoyed this horrible angst! I'm literally so bad at this -o-

Part 2 will come out in few days of time!

Love you stay safe and until next time!

-Ideax