Ichika was walking down the cold empty streets of Osaka, The city where she was given birth to and had been living throughout her whole life, The streets never seemed to bore her,  as there were always some events occurring every now and then, Strangely tonight was different.

It was probably around 10:30 pm that she was walking back from her now Ex-best friend Risa's house where she slept over the night prior. Risa and Ichika never seemed to always get along. Risa was always somewhat overbearing, obnoxious, and snobby, that night Risa decided to show her true colors to poor Ichika. Ichika was homeless and always alone ever since her mother died from a heroin overdose and not knowing who her father was. The streets were silent to the point where you could hear the crickets chirping, which did not last long when suddenly a pair of strong arms gripped her shoulders and in the blink of an eye she was shoved to one of the walls of a sketchy building.

"Give me your money, NOW!"  The attacker's voice sounded aggressive and raspy next to her sensitive ear. Ichika's heart was racing and out of sheer panic, she started pulling on the pockets of her pants turning them inside out in hopes to give the scary man what he demanded, not finding anything she panicked even more.

"I don't have any!" she cried. The sound of sneakers hitting the Tarmac caused the man to freeze in his place. He was suddenly ripped off from her tiny and fragile body and fell onto the rough street grounds.

"Are you okay?" Asked the stranger, He had brown curly hair that fell on his face and looked friendly, Before Ichika could reply, her knees gave up failing to hold her weight, and Ichika dropped to the ground slipping out of consciousness.

Taka's POV:

I was feeling a bit productive tonight so I got up from my bed and got changed into my running clothes and put on my sneakers and grabbed my mp3 player and went out the door beginning my running journey, hopefully, I could spot a nice café that I can visit to get some cake and coffee after my run, DREAMCATCHER's music was blasting in my ears as I ran down the neighborhood and into the city.

When the song ended I was waiting for the next track to play as I proceeded to run and not yet stopping, as I was running I heard a cry of a young girl she sounded scared and pained I followed the voice it led to me an area of sketchy buildings, there I found a girl being pinned against the wall by a short yet strong man he seemed drunk from the way he slurred his words,

"Give me all your money, NOW!" the drunk man shouted at her "I have to do something I can't just stand there and do nothing," I thought to myself. I charged at him and pulled him off of the poor, helpless little girl she looked about 12-13 years old and very fragile, the man stumbled backward and fell onto the floor.

I went over to check on the little girl and as I gripped her shoulders gently and carefully I asked, "Are you Okay?" I asked.

But before she could even get the chance to reply she passed out in my arms.

I ran as I carried her to the nearest hospital I could find in this city I spotted an ER building as I ran in yelling for help. A nurse ran up to me and asked what happened I explained what exactly happened and they told me to go wait in the waiting room as they took her to one of the wards to tend to her and clean her up.

As I was waiting for the doctors to finish up, I heard someone call my name.

"Taka?"

I look over at the sliding doors of the ER and I see Toru running over to me he held me in his arms and asked, "Are you okay? What happened? Why are you here? What are you doing here?", the questions didn't seem to stop so I cut him off with a kiss (A/N:cliché I know don't come at me), "I'm alright" I said, and I began explaining the situation again "I just went on a little a run and while I was running I saw a little girl that was being harassed by some drunk pedo so I ran and saved her but she collapsed moments later so I brought her here and now here we are...wait why are you here?" I asked curiously.

"What? Is she okay? The hospital called me informing me that my daughter just got checked into this hospital". oh makes sense, wait what daughter? I asked myself in my thoughts.

"wait, daughter? you have a kid?!" I asked shocked by the new information that was being delivered to me. He never told me about her or any of his past relationships.

"Yeah a daughter, So I used to date this girl 12 years ago her name was Yua and one night we both got really wasted and I ended up getting her pregnant but we parted before I knew about her pregnancy, they told me she died 4 years ago from a heroin overdose leaving behind my child."

Toru and I were just standing in complete silence not knowing what to say next I just stood there processing everything that had happened in the span of 1 and something hours. "Could she be the girl that I had just saved?". I thought to myself.

"What's her name?" I broke the silence.

"Huh?! who?" Toru asked confused, I looked at him in disbelief and a bit weirded out.

"I- your daughter what is her name?" I asked again specifying my question.

"Oh.. her name is Ichika...Ichika Yamashita" He replied zoning out and smiling nervously as if he is still trying to process the fact that he has a child, The smile that melts me from the inside out.

"Are you family or relatives of Ichika Yamashita?" A nurse came up to us and asked.

"Yeah I'm her father" Toru replied.

"Great, Follow me" The nurse smiled at us. As we followed her down the hospital's huge halls we stopped at a door, this was the room she was resting in.

Toru's POV: (chile my hands hurt I'm ExHaUsTeD-)

I'm just a few seconds away from seeing my daughter. MY DAUGHTER! A CHILD THAT IS MINE!, the only thing standing between me and my kiddo is this giant sliding door. 

I'd be lying if I said I'm not nervous I'm going to meet my child for the first time after 12 years I hope she forgives me for not being there for her ever since her birth, I feel so bad.

with shaking hands, I slide the door opening the ward, and step inside I see her tiny figure covered in white hospital sheets with her hands being connected with IV drips. My poor baby I had the urge to fight that disgusting man for hurting this precious girl I was tearing up from the sight I had to collect myself I clasped my hands on top of my mouth to suppress my cries. 

Taka's POV:

Toru was starstruck at the sight of his daughter, and his hand made its way to cover his mouth. She looked like a carbon copy of her father, but then again obviously she does she is his daughter and he's her father. "dumbitch" I was cursing at myself I was mentally slapping myself for thinking like an idiot.

I look back to my Toru and he's still standing in the same exact place ever since we stepped foot into this ward but he was slowly about to collapse. So I had to act quickly so I grabbed two chairs from the corner of the room and set them at each side of  Ichika and pulled Toru down to sit, he started sobbing so I jumped up from my seat and walked over to Toru held him against my chest as he sobbed.

(A/N first chapter is done! If there are any mistakes or any grammatical errors feel free to tell me or point them out other than that Author-yooda is out peace ☺️)