Lafayette's Princess

~Y/N POV~

I sit at home, reading a book that my husband Gilbert got for me a few days ago as a gift. As I am finishing the last page, I begin to hear movement downstairs. "Hmm? What's that? Is Gilbert home?" I close my book, and set it down on the night table next to bed. I stand up from the bed, and walk towards the door to peek out. I hear a smash, and I quickly open the door. "Gilbert? Is that you?!" I call out, feeling my anxiety rise. "I thought you said nobody was home!" I hear a man's voice that I do not recognize. "How was I supposed to know the Marquis De Lafayette had a partner?"

I begin to hear footsteps come up the stairs, and I quickly shut the bedroom door. I put the lock on it, and I quickly crawl under the bed. I hear the footsteps approach the door, and then they stop. There is silence for about a minute, before I hear kicking on our door. I can't help but accidentally let out a scream, and it only makes the banging more ruthless. All of a sudden, the banging stops, and I hear commotion outside of the door. The yelling and footsteps slowly drown out, until I am left alone in silence again. I shake uncontrollably in my spot, wondering what had just happened.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door. "Princess? Are you in there? It's Gilbert." I quickly fly up from under the bed, and unlock the door. The second the door opens, I jump into his arms and hug him tightly. "I missed you so much! I was so scared! I didn't know if those people were going to hurt me or not and-" He places his finger on my lips to shush me. "It's okay Princess, I took care of them, I am here now, I will never let anything or anyone harm you, I promise." I smile lightly, then give him a quick peck.

"Can we cuddle? I'm feeling sleepy after all of that..." I say, climbing off of him. "Of course, I am just going to get changed, I'll be right back, alright?" I nod, and he kisses my forehead before going into the changing room. I walk over to the bed, and place my fluffy stuffies on the couch under the window. I pull the blanket down, and crawl into the bed. I pick up my book, and quickly finish reading that last page from before.

By the time Gilbert comes back, I am already finished my book, and I place it back down on the table next to me. Gilbert comes to the bed, and he lays down under the blanket with me. I lay on my side, and he comes up behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist and spooning me. "Did you enjoy the book?" He asks, kissing my neck gently. "Yes, it was about (description of your favourite book.)" He tightens his grip on my waist, and nuzzles his face into my neck. "I'm glad you liked it, I will be buying you more to add to your collection." I feel a smile form on my face. "Thank you, Gilbert." "Anything for you love. You are my Princess, I shall treat you as one forever." Silence fills the room, and I am soon taken down into a deep sleep.

[The End]

sugarplumfairyhalo
I will be making more Lafayette fanfics, I have so many ideas that I want to do for him, this is just the first one out of them all, I was planning to do a different idea for the "Lafayette's Princess" title, but I thought I'd do the best ideas more in the middle of this book, idk lol, there will be another one of him that fits that title better though, it will involve age regression, so I hope you will like that one as well!

Thank you for reading!
◕◡◕