"Of course! I had to, you're my best friend. I couldn't keep lying to you."

"So, Ned and Peter? They don't know?"

Amara turned to her friend, "No, they don't. And you can't tell them, or anyone,"

"Relax, I'm not planning to. So why are you in high school, you know, if you're a superhero and a billionaire, surely you don't need to?"

"Going to school wasn't always the plan. My dad always wanted me to experience regular life, but I had to wait until I could control my powers better, and then when I could, I just didn't want to, I was fine learning from my dad and the Avengers, I didn't see a need for school... I kind of, still don't. But, I'm- well, the real reason is that I have a mission that requires me to be here. My dad getting what he wants is an added bonus... for him."

"Woah! You have a real, Avengers mission?! Are you... allowed to tell me what it is?"

"I don't know... I don't think so. But whatever, it's not like this is the first time I've disobeyed orders. I had to figure out who Spiderman is and then keep an eye on him."

"Wait, you had to, as in, past tense? Does that mean you know who he is?" MJ looked extremely excited at the idea of figuring out the secret identities of two superheroes in one day.

"Yeah... I know who he is- but before you ask, no I can't tell you who he is, it's not my secret to tell. I was given a choice to tell you my identity, it's only fair he gets the same choice."

"Fine, I understand. So who's the Avenger you spend the most time with?"

"Uh, it depends on the day."

"Ok, then who's your crime-fighting best friend?"

"That was very specific, but Pietro. He's my best friend, tied with you, of course!"

"As in, Maximoff? What am I saying? Of course Maximoff, that means you know Wanda Maximoff too, right? Is she as badass in real life as she seems on the news?"

"Wanda is super badass and extremely powerful, she just doesn't know she is. She's super sweet in person, you wouldn't know she's that powerful when you see her stress baking at three in the morning," Amara said fondly.

"That's so cool! Is Tony Stark a good dad, or is he just really busy all the time? Sorry, that was rude."

"No, it's fine! Honestly? He's a really good dad, don't tell him I said that, though. He's busy a lot of the time, but he always makes sure that I'm his priority, and I guess because I've been around him for so long, I kind of understand when he has to do his work and sometimes I help, sometimes I just leave him to it. We have a system, and it works great."

"When did you get your powers? When you're not at school and they tell us you're sick are you really sick or are you on a mission? Do you train in regular combat or just with your powers? Who trains you? Is Pepper Potts your mom? And what are the odds you could show me your powers, right now?"

Amara laughed while they turned the corner, "I discovered my powers when I was five, sometimes I'm on a mission, sometimes I just have the flu, I've been in trained in regular combat with Natasha and Steve and Vision, previously known as JARVIS, and Bruce trained me and my powers, and then I helped to train Wanda on controlling hers, Pepper is not my mom, but we're very close, and as for showing you my powers..."

Amara looked around to make sure no one was watching and she held out her hand, allowing a ball of water to hover just over her palm, she then morphed the water into soil and sprouted a small flower, which she handed to MJ, who held it in shock and awe.