43 ~ We Need To Go Deeper

Start from the beginning

He transformed into an image. An image of the head of the titan who screamed, and denizens of the Isles who blew away like dust.

The silhouette boy giggled, childishly.

"What can I do for you, Collector?" The Emperor asked.

"I'm bored! Is the draining spell ready yet? I wanna play and see everything go all- weeEEEEEEEE!" The Collector exclaimed as he took form of a statue and withered away as a demonstration.

"You'll have your fun on the day of unity."

"Betrayed, beguiled, alone, deceived!
We'll have our revenge on...
Ugh. Unity is so hard to rhyme." The Collector complained.

Luz looked to Hunter, confused. Hunter could only shrug.

Suddenly, Hunter and (Y/n) felt and saw themselves running into the room as memories. Hunter shuddered as the projections ran straight through him.

"Emperor!" (Y/n) from the memory greeted as she bowed alongside Hunter, "Hi, hello. Question, what's a flapjack?"

"Oh, I remember this." (Y/n) commented.

The memory continued and the three of them watched with interest, "Some of the titan blood did spill, but if you let me explain, I-" Hunter from the memory rambled.

"Leave." Belos commanded, without giving Hunter another look. "Now."

Hunter nodded and led (Y/n) out of the room by her hand.

Once Hunter and (Y/n) had left, the Collector revealed himself once again.

"Ooh, you were maaad! I thought you were gonna go all WAHHHHAH. On those kids!" He chuckled.

"Not as long as they stay on the right path. I say, 'The Titan has big plans for you.' And threaten (Y/n)'s life, and Hunter does what he's told. Unlike the previous attempts." The Emperor said.

"I'm starting to think you make those things just to destroy them." The Collector smirked, "You have fun with it. Admit it!"

"Of course I don't, Collector. It hurts every time he chooses to betray me. But, this time around, I can use the witch to make him obey."

"...What?" (Y/n) mumbled under her breath.

"It's tiring to keep pretending I'm proud of her. No, every time she enters this throne room, I just want to rip her throat out. That wench turned him against me. It's her fault."

They left the memory shortly after that. (Y/n) was silent and Hunter was confused.

"It sounds like he wants to wipe out all life in the demon realm. And the sigils help him do that." Luz said.

But (Y/n) wasn't listening. The only thing on her mind was Belos.

Was he Philip? He had to be... if he were, then that meant that he'd killed his own brother..

And what they'd just seen in the previous memory... he was planning to kill everyone on the Isles using their sigils.

He's evil. (Y/n) thought. He's pure evil. Nothing but evil.

Everything she figured she'd known was false. Her idol, the powerful witch she'd looked up to was really a genocidal lunatic.

And what was she? A reanimation of Ellaline? But how? And why?

She couldn't even begin to imagine what Hunter was going through.

Hunter refused to listen to Luz. He turned away from her and clenched his eyes shut.