one

griffin stagg

'this school is so boring' i thought to myself as i walked to my first period- maths, or in other words the class where i have the perfect view of my crush, billy showalter.
he probably doesn't even know who i am, nobody really ever notices me in school; i eat alone, i have no friends and i'm practically the most unrecognisable kid in this hell hole.
billy showalter isn't exactly the most popular kid in school but everyone still seems to like him, he has a solid group of friends and has never ever ate lunch alone.

he delivers the papers every morning with his dog gaining him the nickname 'paperboy', nobody's gave me a nickname, or even bothered talking to me since i came to this school three months ago. i told my mum there was no point in me transferring schools half way through the year but she disagreed and kept arguing with me until i agreed to transfer.
she begs me to try make friends- tells me i'll never be happy if i don't. i've dismissed her advice for years, and as you can probably tell, it hasn't worked out for me so far.
the severe lack of happiness in my life has gave me some questionable thoughts in the past - such as,
'i don't belong on this planet and it would be easier to just die, not like anyone would notice'
which, fair enough, nobody would even pay a second thought to me never showing up to class again. the only people who would question it would be my mum and the grab n' go cashier who always tries to start conversations with me over trivial things such as the latest news or asking how schools going.

the thoughts i get keep me up late into the night- the idea that if i died not a single person in the room i was in would bat an eyelid— would anyone even show up to my funeral if i disappeared? besides my family, of course.

billy showalter

right now i'm sat in maths class- i'm trying so hard to concentrate on the work but it's basically impossible with the feeling of two eyes burning their way into the back of my head. it's taking all my power to not look behind me and see who's staring.
all of a sudden my head started pounding and my eyes went blurry.
"urgh oww.. *cough* *cough*."
my vision quickly started to darken and my body hit the floor.

griffin stagg

i was taken out of my thoughts as soon as billy started coughing and dry heaving in front of me. his face went stark white and he looked about ready to pass out then and there, so it came as no surprise when he fell to the floor.
without thinking i suddenly sprung up from where i was sat and rushed to his side.
"hey, hey? are you okay? billy?"
i shook his limp body gently, making sure i didn't hurt or startle him.
"mm.. what's happening? hhh uh?"
billy slowly opened his eyes, he looked really sick.
"you passed out but it's okay" i spoke, trying to reassure him.
"i feel sick, my head hurts so bad"

if it was a normal situation i'd probably be totally freaking out over the fact that the billy showalter was talking to me but in the moment my mind was blank.
"hey- kid, take billy up to the nurse would ya'?" our teacher finally decided to speak, and she sounded like she couldn't have gave less of a fuck.
"okay, i will miss" i said slowly lifting billy up into a sitting position.
he stood up and immediately started shaking and taking wobbly steps towards the door before stopping.
"can you, like, maybe, possibly... erm, y'know.." he put a trembling arm around my shoulder so i could help him walk incase he passed out again.

billy showalter

i leaned lightly against the boy who was helping me get to the nurses office, i've seen him around, but i haven't ever talked to him. i think he's pretty lonely- he joined school late so it's not shocking considering most people already have their own little groups and aren't willing to let others in.
i think it'd be nice to get to know him, he seems kind and caring, i mean, he's going out of his way to bring me to the nurses office, and he was helping me after i fainted.
i like making new friends, and it seems like he needs to make one if he doesn't want to be alone all the time.
"hey? what's your name? i've seen you around but i've never quite caught it."
he sighed "it's griffin, griffin stagg."
"cool man, my names billy showalter but it seems like you already knew that.. haha,"

griffin stagg

awkward silence hung in the air as i walked billy up to the nurses office. of course he didn't know who i was, i was aware of that, but it still kind of hurt hearing it directly from his mouth.
"yeah urm.. i better go into the office now, see ya' around griffin"
"yeah, see you"

my first ever conversation with someone in this school and i just had to fuck it up, great job griffin. gosh, that was so embarrassing. there's no point in my going back to class now, i wouldn't be able to think straight, i guess i'll just head to the bathrooms and hide out in one of the stalls. my teacher probably won't be bothered if i don't go back anyways.

(940 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴)