thirty

"I know we've had suspicions for a while, but this,"  Hen gestured to the couple, "definitely might take some getting used to."  It had only been two shifts since they broke the news to everyone that they're dating, and while they still remained professional, they still were a couple. So light PDA, such as hugging, hand holding, or cuddling on the couch, was now a lot more present in the fire house.

Currently, it was the latter that Hen walked onto the upper platform to see. Anastasia had her legs over Buck's lap with a blanket covering them both. He was reading a book and she was playing crossword puzzles. "We're just exercising our minds, Hen."

"You guys are doing that very... comfortably."  She commented.  They were sharing a couch, so Hen walked over to the love seat across from them with her medical book in hand.  "Have you guys been hiding up here the whole time?"

The couple nodded, both still immersed in their books.  Hen hummed in acknowledgment and began reading.  The three sat in a peaceful, studious silence for a while, and about 20 mins later, Buck's phone started ringing, disrupting their peace. Hen and Anastasia didn't pay much mind to it after finding out it wasn't either of their phones, but they did listen in. Mainly because they were forced to since he was only a few feet away and neither of them had headphones.  When the call ended, Buck stood up and went to Bobby's office.

"Interesting."  Hen muttered. 

"What is?"

"The only Taylor he knows here is Taylor Kelly."  Hen explained, but it wasn't enough because Anastasia still had a look of confusion on her face.

"Taylor Kelly the news anchor?  With the red hair?"

Hen nodded, looking up from her medical book to peep through Bobby's office windows.  "She's also Buck's ex-fling from when he first moved out here.  I didn't know they still kept in contact."

Following her eyesight, Anastasia could see Buck and Bobby talking, or Buck explaining and Bobby listening and nodding.  Since she could hear or see what they were saying, she couldn't really focus on them, but more on the fact that Taylor Kelly was a number saved in her boyfriend's phone.

While she made a mental note to ask him about it later, Anastasia watched as Buck and Bobby walked out.  Bobby made an announcement that they were needed at the hospital for COVID vaccines, so despite there not being an alarm echoing in the house, everyone rushed to the engines like there was. The freezer that kept all of the vaccines stored at the appropriate temperature broke, so every single vaccine that was in there needed to be distributed.

With the help of 118, the vaccines were moved all around the city to clinics, hospitals, and other drive through vaccine places.  They even had to go on the news to get more people to come in and get vaccinated.

× × ×

When the shift was over and everyone went home, Anastasia went and stayed with Buck for a few hours.  "So how long have you known Taylor?"  Anastasia asked while fluffing some of the pillows on Buck's bed.  A good thing about his open floor plan was that she could be in his room, which took up the entire upstairs, while he was in the kitchen and they wouldn't have to shout.

"Oh, uh, I met her a few years ago when I first moved and started working in LA." Buck said. "Hey, can you come taste this? I don't know what to add to it."

Rolling off of his now unmade bed, Anastasia went down the stairs and met Buck in the kitchen where he was standing over the stove.  "More paprika, but did you add the Adobo I brought?"  Buck nodded his head, moving around the kitchen to grab the seasonings from his cabinet.  "So Hen told me you and Taylor used to date."

Pausing from his seasoning, Buck turned his head to glance his girlfriend before quickly looking away again. "Well, it wasn't exactly a relationship like that."  Buck began.  "Well, I wasn't exactly a relationship person.  That's why Bobby fired me a few months after working here, among other things, but I've had very good character development."

Buck handed Anastasia the spoon again to try the food, waiting for her approval with a smile. When she nodded her head, Buck internally patted himself on the back and turned back to do whatever final touches he needed to do so they could eat the pasta he was making. 

"We're just friends now, but I barely see her, if that's what you're worried about."  He stated.

"It's not that I'm worried, Buck.  I know you'd never do anything it's just— Buck, I'm pretty sure all of Los Angeles has a crush on you.  Sometimes I just feel like I have to compete with all of LA."  Anastasia shrugged.

She leaned against the kitchen island a few feet away so she wasn't in Buck's way, and he turned off the stove so he could speak to her face to face.  "Stas, trust me when I say there's no competition.  If there was, it was a one time thing that you've won first place in months ago." He told her. "I get it though, I am pretty amazing." He joked.

He definitely succeeded at lightening up the mood, evident by Anastasia laughing and shoving him away from her.

"Okay, but seriously.  You have like 300k on Instagram and I'm sure at least a handful of those guys are very attractive with the power to sweep you off of your feet.  I knew that before we got together, but they're all behind a screen, just like all the people in LA who love me.  I'm right here in front of you, and I'm not going anywhere."

Anastasia stared up at him as he spoke, eyes full of love and adoration, and the heavy eye contact he was holding making her weak in the knees. It also didn't help that he was holding her face, making it basically impossible to break eye contact and go scream into a pillow like a teenage girl talking to her crush. "You have my whole heart, Evan Buckley."

With his hands already on her face, it made it easy for the two to meet in the middle and kiss in the middle of the kitchen.  The love they felt during the conversation only intensified as their lips moved in sync, needy yet passionate.  They were as close as they could possibly be with Anastasia sandwiched between the counter top and Buck.  One of his hands moved to her lower back, protecting it from the counter as they carried on. 

Until both hands moved lower to grip her thighs, never breaking the kiss, even with Anastasia smiling into it.  Even as he lifted her up to wrap her legs around his waist and began blindly walking to the living room couch, they never broke apart.  It wasn't until he laid Anastasia on the couch and they stripped each other of their shirts did they break apart.

Only for a few seconds did their lips separate before reconnecting again in desperation, the dinner Buck spent so much time on temporarily forgotten.

respectfully, idk where im going with this or how long it'll last, but every story needs a lil drama and best boos have been chillin a lil too peacefully

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️🦶🏽