twenty two

"You know, I find it crazy how you were dreading your parents coming to town, and now we're going to a bomb.  It's not your week, B." Anastasia said from beside Buck.

As mentioned, the 118 was called to a bomb and the bomber was currently on the boiler level talking to Howie. With all the business workers evacuated, there wasn't much the firefighters could do unless it went off, so everything was currently in the hands of SWAT. Kind of, because since how he was still stuck in there, Bobby had somewhat of a say over whether or not swipe could run in. Plus they did a thermal scan, and both Howie and the supposed bomber were sitting down, so there wasn't a threat, other than the actual bomb, yet. With it seeming like Howie was keeping the bomber calm, nobody wanted to swarm in in fears that that would change and the bomb would be set off.

With a deep sigh, Buck nodded his head in agreement. "It absolutely is not, and we still have to have the actual dinner with them." Buck said, throwing his hands up at such a revelation. "Wanna get ice cream after this?"

Slowly turning her head to her boyfriend, which still felt like such a foreign thing for her to say, Anastasia squinted her eyes and furrowed her brows. "We're like 50 feet away from a building that might blow up, and you're thinking about ice cream?"

"We could get something else if you want. I think the taco truck near the station is open again."

Anastasia simply pat his shoulder before leaning her head on it. "I'll let you know what I'm craving when we're done with this and get free time."

"Okay, but I'm paying." He shrugged, careful enough to not throw her off of his shoulder. "And before you say you can pay for yourself, that doesn't mean I'm going to let you pay for yourself."

"You are something else, B."  Anastasia commented.  With them doing a lot of waiting around, Anastasia and Buck pulled out their secret snack stash and started eating while still waiting for what their next move would be. 

Even with how often the trucks are checked, cleaned, and restocked, they somehow still managed to keep it hidden.  They were sitting on the back of their truck, watching everyone around them somewhat contently.  "Where did you guys get Pop Tarts from?  And powdered donuts?"

Looking up as if they were deer caught in headlights, Anastasia and Buck looked up to Hen as they were both mid-bite; Anastasia with donuts and Buck with both donuts and Pop Tarts. "We... I don't know." Buck answered for them both.

"You don't know where you got food from?" Hen asked them skeptically. Still wanting to keep their secret stash a secret, both Anastasia and Buck shook their heads no.  Hen hummed, and to keep her quiet, Anastasia offered her a tiny donut.

It didn't take long before everyone heard the voice of Howard Han come through the radio saying everything was settled and that everyone could come in to get the bomber.  The bomber had a bad case of asthma, so he was immediately put onto oxygen and wheeled into the ambulance, but one hand was handcuffed.  Anastasia and Buck hid their snacks again, and put their masks back on so they could pack up and get back to their station house.  "Hey, is that Buck?"  The bomber asked, interrupting the two's clean up. 

Though he was confused, Buck didn't want to be rude, so he turned away from packing up the engine to the man on the gurney.  "Uh, yea?  That's me."

"So it's true?"  He asked, looking at Chimney while he was trying to get everyone to wheeled the gurney into the back of the ambulance so they could leave.  "Nice to meet you, Buck!"  Was the last thing the man yelled before Chimney shut the ambulance doors and ushered for the truck to takeoff to the hospital.

Anastasia appeared beside her boyfriend, tilting her head in confusion.  "What was that about?  You know him?"

"I didn't even know he existed until today."